House fire in Kelowna’s Black Mountain area started by a candle – Okanagan

An unattended candle at a Black Mountain home on Thursday offered a less-than-soothing experience.

At around 4:30 p.m. Thursday, a bedroom of a single-family home on Block 1400 of Mine Hill Lane in Kelowna’s Black Mountain area was called to the emergency room.

Kelowna Fire Department platoon captain John Kelly said crews entered the home and discovered a small fire on the dresser in the front bedroom.


Click here to play the video:







The Penticton Fire Department is understaffed and overworked


The Penticton Fire Department is understaffed and overworked

“The fire was quickly put out,” Kelly said, later adding, “Please remember to exercise caution when handling candles and not leave them unattended.”

The story continues below the ad

Continue reading:

Kelowna senior considers living in car after losing everything in fire

“The house was then ventilated by residual smoke. The damage was contained in the bedroom. The fire was accidental and there were no injuries.”

Three engines, a rescue unit, a command vehicle and 17 personnel were dispatched to the fire.


Click here to play the video:







A terse call for a Kelowna man injured in a fire underscores the importance of smoke detectors in bedrooms


Close call for Kelowna man injured in fire underscores importance of bedroom smoke alarms – May 31, 2022

© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9151191/black-mountain-house-fire-cause-candle/ House fire in Kelowna’s Black Mountain area started by a candle – Okanagan

Hung

Inter Reviewed is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@interreviewed.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button