A brand new update for Forbidden Horizon in the West rolled out to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 earlier today (March 16), with many bug fixes and quality of life improvements now available.
Guerilla Games has committed to fixing any issues found in the popular sequel, with many updates rolling out in the first month since the game’s release.
There aren’t any major changes in the recent patches, but each update includes a long list of fixes for main quests, side quests, world activity, graphics, performance overall and more. Fans can see the official patch notes for March 16 Forbidden Horizon in the West Update further down this article to find out exactly what has changed.
- READ MORE: The Sims 4 Update 1.55 Patch Notes Today (March 15, 2022)
Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.08 Patch Notes (March 16)
Below you’ll find the official patch notes for March 16 Forbidden Horizon in the West update, bringing the game to version 1.08 with the following changes:
FIXED AND IMPROVEMENT
The main task
- Fixed an issue in the ‘To The Brink’ main quest where using Silent Strike on a mission-specific Bristleback would teleport the player to Chainscrape.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Varl and Zo would sometimes stay idle outside of Plainsong and block progress.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘The Dying Lands’ where Aloy’s companions would not lead the way after restarting from a specific save.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘The Broken Sky’ where reloading certain saves could sometimes accidentally disable fast travel.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Cradle of Echoes’ main quest where loading a save created on the previous patch would leave Aloy stuck in the Base.
- Fixed an issue in the main quest ‘Thebes’ where Aloy’s breathing sounds were playing during a movie scene.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘All That Remains’ main quest where restarting from a certain save would cause Aloy to appear in the Base and unable to leave.
- Fixed an issue in the side quest ‘The Bristlebacks’ where Ulvund didn’t receive the memo and got stuck in the Chainscrape after the quest was completed.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘What Was Lost’ sidequest where Kotallo would sometimes become unresponsive when reloading from a specific save.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Blood For Blood’ sidequest where Kavvoh and Arokkeh could not interact with each other under specific circumstances, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Forbidden Legacy’ sidequest where fast travel during an encounter with Slitherfang would cause the machine to not respawn, thus blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue in ‘The Roots that Bind’ sidequest where the “Go to the Drumroot” quest objective would not complete after damaging Widemaws from a great distance.
- Fixed an issue in the ‘Call and Response’ errand quest where killing an enemy before getting the target could block progress.
Activities in the world
- Fixed an issue in Gauntlet Run where crossing the finish line in last place would lead to victory in specific cases.
- Fixed some issues with specific Firegleam and Metal Flower icons not showing up on the map.
- Fixed an issue where Firegleam icons would not be correctly removed from the map after the related operation was complete.
- Fixed an issue where fast travel would be disabled in specific cases when loading a save made while playing Machine Strike.
UI / UX
- Fixed an issue where the Machine Strike UI would flash rapidly at the end of the game.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy would no longer get wet after being in water.
- Many bug fixes and graphics improvements in the movie.
- Many visual improvements in shadows and clouds.
- Fixed an issue where Photo Mode controls would freeze when starting Photo Mode during swan diving.
Performance and stability
- Many bug fixes.
- Many performance and streaming improvements in movie clips.
- Removed many unintentional loading screens and black screens.
- Fixed many cases of streaming and visual appearance.
- Made some improvements to NPC movement and animation in settlements.
- Makes tagging individual components easier using scanners and motion targeting.
- When you pick up potions or tools that no longer fit your tool line, they will be moved to the storage.
- Some balance changes to weapons and enemies.
- Fixed some cases where Aloy could get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘All Machines Scanned’ title could be easily missed in the final main quest ‘Singularity’.
- Addresses an issue with mount calls that would sometimes cause flying mounts to be created in unexpected locations and in rare cases out of reach.
- Some data points located in areas that the player cannot return to are now automatically unlocked when the player leaves that space.
- Fixed many cases where specific tracks would get stuck and loop.
For a complete list of known issues for March 16 Forbidden Horizon in the West updates, check out recent developers Posts on Reddit.
https://www.dualshockers.com/horizon-forbidden-west-update-1-08-patch-notes-today-march-16/ Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.08 Patch Notes Today (March 16)