Hnefatafl is an ancient Scandinavian board game whose variations were played throughout medieval Europe before chess was even invented. In the games known as Tafl, two armies of different sizes fight each other. The invading black army tries to capture the white king, while the defending white tries to protect their king and help him escape.
Also known as the Vikings Game, Hnefatafl tells many stories, such as the invasion of Sweden by the Moskowites or the Viking raids of England. But no matter what the story, one thing remains the same: The Hunt for the King.
Although the rules are not complicated, the game offers attractive strategies and rewards for playing tactically. Try to surround the enemy, plan ahead, set traps and force your opponent to surrender. Will you capture the king for gold and glory? Can the loyal defenders stop the invading forces and secure their king’s flight?
To play offline and online, you can create your own custom variations – with over 200,000 different possible variations!
This game has:
– Variation “Hnefatafl”
– Variation “Hnefatafl – Copenhagen Rules”
– Variation “Hnefatafl – Historical Rule”
– Variation “Hnefatafl – Berserk Rule”
– Variation “Hnefatafl – Rules for finding pregnancy”
– Variant “Sea Battle 11×11”
– Variant “Sea Battle 13×13”
– Variation “Tablut”
– Variation “Tablut – Rule of History (“Saami”)”
– Variation “Foteviken Tablut”
– Variant “Ard Ri”
– Variation “Brandubh”
– Variation “Magpie”
– Variation “Tawlbwrdd”
– Variation “Coppergate 15×15”
– Variant “Alea Evengelii”
– Custom variations for offline and online play
– Play offline for two
– Play offline against different computer opponents
– Play offline against computer against computer
– Play online via Fellhuhn Gaming Service
– Ingame chat to play online
– Achievements via Fellhuhn Game Service
– Instructions/Rules included
This app is supported by ads. This app can be disabled through a one-time IAP purchase.
– Internet Access is required for advertisements
– In-app purchase/payment is required to remove optional ads quảng
Follow us at:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HnefataflGame/
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/FellhuhnDotCom
– Discord: https://discord.gg/dXMYNB8
Includes artwork created by Thomas Jacquin (http://www.thomasjacquin.com), as part of the Tafl-Legends Board Game.
Multiple invitations can now be declined consecutively or accepted after a decline.
Match history will now also show which side was played as.
After logging out, the match history button will be deleted.
It is not possible to leave another match while the game is in progress. This will prevent some out of sync issues.
Coppergate matches can be rejoined through the match browser.
Online matches can now have their turn commented and rated by other players.