Hampton schools include a 5% staff increase and teacher pay adjustments in the proposed budget
HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) – Officials at Hampton City Schools are proposing a 5% pay rise for all staff and an increase in teachers’ salaries as part of the proposed 2023 budget.
School administrators presented the budget at a Hampton School Board meeting on Wednesday. The school department sent out a press release Thursday with budget “highlights.”
These highlights include:
- A 5% pay increase for all full-time and most part-time employees in the division.
- No increase in employee share of health premiums
- Adjustments to teacher salaries and some support staff positions (in addition to a 5% increase), such as:
- Steps 0-9 add $475
- Steps 10-14 add $950
- Steps 15-19 add $1,425
- Steps 20-24 add $1,900
- Steps 25-29 add $3,200
- Keep step 30
- The starting salary for teachers is $51,000 for bachelor’s graduates and $53,600 for master’s graduates. There is a sign up bonus of $750 after tax.
- New positions such as teachers, teacher specialists, teaching assistants, school safety officers
- Raising the minimum wage to $12 on July 1st.
There will be a public hearing on the schools’ budget on March 9-16 at 6:30 p.m. at Jones Magnet Middle School. The board votes on March 23.
View the full proposed budget here.
https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/hampton/hampton-schools-include-5-staff-raise-adjustments-to-teacher-pay-in-proposed-budget/ Hampton schools include a 5% staff increase and teacher pay adjustments in the proposed budget