George Clooney share a horrifying lesson he learned that day.
In a new interview with Sunday Times, the actor said that while he was “fine now,” at the time of the debilitating accident, “I was waiting for my switch to go off.” In 2018, Clooney in Sardinia, Italy filmed the series Hulu Catch-22. He was riding his motorcycle when one day a car in front of him suddenly turned and he sped off at 75 mph, sending him flying over the wheel. Following the collision, Clooney was taken by ambulance to John Paul II Hospital with “minor injuries to the pelvis and bruising to one leg and one arm,” according to the statement. La Nuova Sardinia, Local newspaper. Clooney was later released but required physical therapy.
The Oscar winner went on to explain that as he lay there on the street, he had a difficult revelation about the nature of celebrity, when a crowd around him filmed him for “likes”. Clooney explains, “If you’re in the public eye, what you realize when you’re on the ground thinking it’s the last minute of your life, is that for some people it’s just entertainment for the site. Their Facebook. I’m a pretty active guy, but that told me – obviously – that you’re really here just to entertain them. “
Before that, he also revealed about the accident in an interview with GQ last year, it was revealed that his only thought was about his wife, Amal Clooney, and their twins, Alexander and Ella. “He literally turned right in front of me. I launched. I go over heels. But I landed on my hands and knees,” Clooney said. “If you did that 100 times, maybe once you land on your hands and knees, and any other version you land on, you’ll raise a glass. It knocked me down. When I hit the ground, my mouth – I think all my teeth were broken. But it’s glass from the windshield.” He added, “My kids are like a year old, and mostly I just think this and I’m not going to see them again.”
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Architect Zaha Hadid’s Rising Dreams in the desert
– Collector or Thief? Inside Queen Mary’s Royal Collection
– Princess Charlene’s Medical Saga Has become more complicated
– 47 Best Early Amazons Black Friday 2021 Deals to Shop Now
– Iman on Life with David Bowie and A Celebration of Her Love in Perfume
– Taylor Swift, “Unsolicited Mess” and Asphyxiation by Girlboss Anachronisms
– Good Newsletter exit strategy It’s hard to find
– Britney Spears celebrates End of conservation responsibility
– 44 items to shop for prepare for Gucci house
– From the Repository: L’Affaire Kardashian
– Registration for “Purchase line“To receive curated fashion, book, and beauty listings in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/11/george-clooney-2018-motorcycle-crash-near-death-amal-twins-sunday-times George Clooney thinks he’ll die after his 2018 motorcycle crash