Flash flood and storm surge warnings are in effect Sunday. Whereas the storm was downgraded from a hurricane in a single day, sturdy winds may nonetheless trigger energy outages.
Right here’s what you want to know to maintain your loved ones and your property protected.
- Residents in flood-prone areas ought to maintain issues like sandbags, plywood, plastic sheeting and lumber available to assist shield their houses.
- Residents with disabilities ought to make a plan addressing how their wants might influence their skill to evacuate, shelter in place or talk with first responders.
- Keep inside as a lot as attainable. When you should exit, take into account taking public transportation so the roads keep clear for emergency crews.
- Keep away from strolling or driving by way of flooded areas. Additionally keep away from any buildings surrounded by floodwaters.
- Keep away from downed electrical wires, don’t attempt to contact or transfer them. Report downed wires instantly.
- If one falls onto your automobile whilst you’re inside, keep in there till crews arrive.
REPORTING POWER OUTAGES
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/08/22/tropical-storm-safety-guide/ | Flood Security Ideas, Energy Outage Maps & Extra – CBS New York