NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The remnants of Hurricane Ida battered the Tri-State Space late Wednesday night time with historic rain, flooding and twister reviews.
Hold these security suggestions in thoughts as you cope with the aftermath.
- Residents in flood-prone areas ought to maintain issues like sandbags, plywood, plastic sheeting and lumber readily available to assist defend their houses.
- Residents with disabilities ought to make a plan addressing how their wants might influence their capacity to evacuate, shelter in place or talk with first responders.
- Keep inside as a lot as attainable. For those who should exit, contemplate taking public transportation so the roads keep clear for emergency crews.
- Keep away from strolling or driving by flooded areas. Additionally keep away from any buildings surrounded by floodwaters.
- Avoid downed electrical wires, don’t attempt to contact or transfer them. Report downed wires instantly.
- If one falls onto your car whilst you’re inside, keep in there till crews arrive.
REPORTING POWER OUTAGES
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/09/02/tropical-storm-safety-guide/ | Flood Security Ideas, Energy Outage Hyperlinks & Extra – CBS New York