It’s been more than five years since Kim Kardashian‘NS Scary robbery experience in Paris, and the French government announced on Friday that 12 people will appear in court for alleged involvement (no date has been set). At the time of the initial arrest in January 2017, 17 people have been arrested, aged between 23 and 73. Five people allegedly broke into a rental apartment at the Hôtel de Pourtalès and tied her up, taking $10 million worth of jewelry, none of which was recovered. except a necklace which she said the alleged thieves dropped on the street).
One in five alleged jewelry thieves broke into the apartment, Yunice Abbas, released a weird self-congratulation book in February called I Sequestered Kim Kardashian. According to an excerpt published before the book’s release earlier this year, the author spends several words taunting her victim, recalling how she tried to call 911, which is not an emergency number. at France. Also: Singer “Fast Car” Tracy Chapman called Kardashian’s cell, which is believed to be in the possession of the robber.
“At this moment, I heard the sound of a police car, the sound of a phone made me jump. Before my doubtful eyes, [Chapman’s] name appears on the screen of the phone. It’s not possible. I must be hallucinating,” Abbas wrote. The alleged thieves’ means of transport were bicycles, a detail that feels almost too precious to be real. Abbas was eventually released from prison for health reasons.
The person who is said to be the organizer of the incident, Aomar Ait Khedache, also wrote Kardashian a letter of apology after being released from prison in 2017: “After observing your feelings and realizing the psychological trauma I have caused… I have decided to write to you. , not to receive from you some kind of affection.”
He continued to write: “Know that I completely sympathize with the pain you are going through, your children, your husband and your loved ones. I hope that this letter will allow you little by little to forget the hurt you have suffered through my fault. ”
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Inside the sudden disappearance of The most wanted man of the art world
– The person who bought it Jeffrey Epstein’s Jets There are some regrets
– Book of Eight We can’t put down this month
– Why was the palace kept in the first place Queen’s Hospital a secret?
– NS John Mulaney – Olivia Munn Rumor Mill continues to stir
– The best Schitt’s Creek Goods
– The story behind Prince Harry’s Democratic Origins
– This is 40 for Ivanka Trump
– From the Repository: In His Majesty’s private service
– Registration for “Purchase Line” to receive curated lists of fashion, books, and beauty supplies in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/11/kim-kardashian-paris-jewel-thieves-trial Five years later, Kim Kardashian accused of jewelry theft will be on trial