A number of bays of a business constructing in an industrial space on the east aspect of Edmonton had been consumed by fireplace early Friday, gutting a charity and its thrift retailer.
Firefighters had been dispatched at 5:18 a.m. to the Second Likelihood Thrift Store on 77 Road and Coronet Highway and arrived on the scene six minutes later.
Heavy smoke and flames could possibly be seen taking pictures from the roof of the constructing close to the key intersection of 75 Road and Argyll Highway.
The flames shortly unfold from the thift retailer to the Emmanuel Basis a non-profit group subsequent door.
The charity exists to serve the poor in tangible methods, according to its website, by sending delivery containers of products to growing international locations, constructing playgrounds, placing collectively ready-to-cook meal kits and elevating funds for all these efforts by means of the thrift store’s gross sales.
Edmonton Fire Rescue Services mentioned the blaze was upgraded to a two-alarm standing, with 9 firefighting items responding to the Davies Industrial space.
Nobody was contained in the buildings and nobody wanted to be evacuated, town mentioned.
As of simply earlier than 7 a.m., the fireplace was nonetheless burning.
— Extra to return
© 2021 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.
https://globalnews.ca/information/8253026/edmonton-emmanuel-foundation-thrift-shop-fire/ | Fireplace guts charity, thrift store in east Edmonton industrial space Friday morning – Edmonton