Skilled soccer is being performed tonight. I imply, it’s simply the Cowboys. So I’m utilizing “skilled” within the loosest phrases. Nonetheless, soccer is again.
• I’m at coaching camp once more at present. Right here’s to attempting tougher to not getting sunburn.
• Lions Head Coach Dan Campbell is an absolute hoot. However I’ll take his espresso order at this hour of the morning:
— Woodward Sports activities Community (@woodwardsports) August 3, 2021
• After finishing an epic fantasy baseball commerce deadline by which I despatched out Clayton Kershaw, Matt Olson, Trevor Rogers, and Kenta Maeda to herald Jose Ramirez, Nelson Cruz, Kyle Schwarber, Adbert Alzolay, Triston McKenzie, and Noelvi Marte, I’m not fairly able to dive into fantasy soccer. Nonetheless, PFF’s Nathan Jahnke has us coated. Jahnke highlights five sleeper receivers you need to have your eyes on when your workforce goes on the clock. Making the reduce right here is Bears second-year pass-catcher Darnell Mooney.
• It’s simple to wrap your arms round Mooney as a fantasy standout. He has a safe position, flashed some abilities as a rookie, and noticed his workforce’s quarterbacks room get upgrades within the offseason. Enhancing from the third-lowest accuracy price on deep passes ought to go an extended approach to maximizing Mooney’s expertise. And if that occurs, it’ll repay in actual soccer, too.
• Cool shirts for trigger:
We exist TO HELP! Order our unique “License to Thrill” design now via August fifteenth and assist us assist Not Earlier than My Mother and father. You may study extra, and decide up a shirt to assist, at https://t.co/nEdI9taCyk #BearDown #DaBears pic.twitter.com/6bRargSnwA
— 26shirts: Chicago (@26shirtsCHI) August 4, 2021
• Jeff Hughes (Da Bears Blog) opines that if Fields grasp his craft and nails his fundamentals in August, he needs to be beginning in September. This is a vital time for Fields, whose improvement is the No. 1 precedence for this coaching camp interval. And I’m unsure what’s a detailed second. The Bears will go solely so far as Fields will take them. Ought to Fields take all the fitting steps, the least he’ll have the ability to do is drive Matt Nagy to make a tricky determination on who ought to begin early. However as a result of Dalton appears comfy and competent thus far, there isn’t any cause to hurry making the decision to Fields.
• PFF’s Sam Monson calls Fields one of the 10 rookies we must have eyes on as followers this summer time. Duh.
• Alyssa Barbieri (Bears Wire) writes Jesse James is making a case for TE3 standing, which is spectacular as a result of he simply bought right here. However I’m keen to take it a step additional and say James is establishing himself as TE3. Possibly it’s due to the early rapport with Fields, however I’ve bought him in pen as TE3 at this level.
• Preserving my fingers crossed for excellent news:
Eddie Goldman, Christian Jones, Patrick Scales & Elijah Wilkinson had been positioned on the reserve/COVID-19 listing however there’s a likelihood this episode was the results of a false constructive take a look at. So, keep tuned for an replace within the AM.
— Brad Biggs (@BradBiggs) August 4, 2021
• I feel Akiem Hicks’ 99 GROWL ranking would put his general Madden grade into the 90s:
Ideas? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/tEv6MXMuue
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) August 4, 2021
• By no means apologize for this, Eli:
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Rozan. pic.twitter.com/07vVMF5vjP
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) August 5, 2021
• It’s wild to see some baseball followers react like Javy Báez hasn’t been doing this occurring seven years:
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) August 4, 2021
• Meet your new favourite goalie:
Marc-André Fleury Speaks: Becoming a member of The Blackhawks, Studying Of The Commerce, Teaming With Patrick Kane, and Extrahttps://t.co/ElkDPm2bp6
— Bleacher Nation Blackhawks (@BN_Blackhawks) August 4, 2021
https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2021/08/05/fields-taking-important-steps-football-is-back-lions-head-coach-is-a-hoot-and-other-bears-bullets/ | Fields Taking Vital Steps, Soccer is Again, Lions Head Coach Is a Hoot, and Different Bears Bullets