Only one FFXIV Fix “connection to server lost”? The last thing any MMO player wants to see is something like Final Fantasy 14 The “connection lost” error message can pop up at any time for a variety of reasons. With anticipation Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker in early access now No player wants to lose their progress. So, can the server connection error of Final Fantasy XIV if it happens be fixed?
Is there a “connection to server lost” fix in Final Fantasy 14?
To work around the “connection to server lost” error message in Final Fantasy XIV, players should:
- Check server status on official server test site to see if there are any ongoing maintenance or any problems with the game’s servers. If so, that could be the cause and the player should only try again after the server is back up.
- Users should check with their internet service provider to see if they have problems. Try playing other online games to see if there is lag or similar disconnection issues.
- Restart the game and, if necessary, reboot the system and also the internet router.
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus or firewall software and try again, as some of these may be blocking the game’s connection.
- Reinstall or download Final Fantasy XIV as some of the game’s files may be corrupted. On Steam, right click on the library and choose Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files instead.
- If on a PC, change DNS to Google by going to network settings, selecting Properties/Network of the primary connection, then double-clicking Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/698873-ffxiv-connection-with-the-server-was-lost-error-fix FFXIV: Fix ‘Connection to server lost’ error