Each NFL season, there may be at the very least one week that’s outlined by accidents, and sadly, it looks as if Week 2 was that week this season, as we had various huge names exit with accidents Sunday.
Whereas Baker Mayfield, Matthew Stafford, and Derrek Carr had been all in a position to play by their harm scares with out problem, all in all, 4 totally different beginning quarterbacks had been unable to complete their video games throughout the 1 p.m. window Sunday. Elsewhere, the 49ers harm points within the backfield continued, whereas the AFC North misplaced a few No. 1 large receivers.
This is every little thing you could find out about from Sunday’s video games, and we’ll be updating this story with another accidents from the later video games:
Each single 49ers RB received damage
Nicely, not everybody — Trenton Cannon escaped unscathed. Nonetheless, Elijah Mitchell suffered a shoulder harm on a goal-line carry within the fourth quarter that pushed JaMycal Hasty right into a lead function. Hasty managed three straight runs to open the following drive earlier than struggling an ankle harm, which opened the door for rookie Trey Sermon — who promptly suffered a concussion on his very first carry of the sport.
Hasty and Sermon had been unable to return to the sport, whereas Mitchell gutted out the ultimate two drives, speeding thrice for 10 yards after his harm. Mitchell was the clear lead again on this recreation however the accidents, speeding 17 instances, albeit for simply 42 yards whereas including two catches for 11 yards. He would have had a greater Fantasy day, however he had a landing overturned by replay on the play the place he suffered the shoulder harm.
We’ll see what all of those accidents imply all through the week, however all three needs to be thought-about questionable for Week 3 towards the Packers. The 49ers, after all, already misplaced their beginning working again, Raheem Mostert, in Week 1 after only a few performs. This has been an ongoing problem for the 49ers over time. Whoever finally ends up working for them tends to look fairly good, however they’ve additionally had hassle conserving their runners wholesome. If Hasty or Sermon is on the market in your league, they’re going to be price including simply in case considered one of them finally ends up being the one who is ready to play subsequent week, although you must assume if Mitchell is energetic, he’ll proceed to be the lead again.
Please test the opt-in field to acknowledge that you just want to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Regulate your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
There have been QB accidents all over the place
- Carson Wentz (ankle) — Didn’t return — Wentz suffered the harm on a clumsy hit by Aaron Donald, and whereas he went to the sidelines and tried to intestine it out, coach Frank Reich informed reporters the ankle stiffened up instantly and made it unimaginable for Wentz to play by it. Jacob Eason changed him, and he’ll doubtless be the starter if Wentz does must miss time — which might be unhealthy information for the Colts offense in Week 3 on the Titans. Wentz hasn’t performed notably properly, however Eason’s 5 makes an attempt — he went 2 for five with 15 yards and an interception — Sunday had been the primary of his profession. And, with Sam Ehlinger out with a knee harm, the Colts will doubtless have so as to add a veteran in case Wentz is not in a position to go.
- Andy Dalton (knee) — Didn’t return — Dalton tried to combat by his harm as properly, however he wasn’t in a position to. Studies point out the group doesn’t imagine it to be an ACL tear, however the truth that was in query does appear to point this may not be only a short-term factor. Rookie Justin Fields got here into the sport to switch Dalton and had his ups and downs, going 6 for 13 for 60 yards and an unsightly interception, whereas speeding for 31 yards on 10 carries — although he did have 35 on seven carries earlier than kneeling thrice to finish the sport. If Dalton has to sit down out Week 3 towards the Browns, Fields can be price contemplating as a streamer for that matchup, and can be price including in all leagues as a result of he has enormous potential as a rusher. He’ll be the highest goal on waivers amongst quarterbacks.
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) — Didn’t return — Tagovailoa will endure an MRI to find out the severity of the harm Monday, however he was recognized initially with bruised ribs. Hopefully that is all it’s, however we’ll discover out extra within the subsequent couple of days. The issue is, irrespective of whether or not it’s Tagovailoa or backup Jacoby Brissett in there, there is not so much to be optimistic about with this Dolphins group so long as their offensive line stays as huge of a difficulty as it’s. They’ve had robust matchups towards the Patriots and Bills to open the season, however from what we have seen to date, you must be fairly pessimistic about their probabilities even towards the Raiders in Week 3. Jaylen Waddle could be the one startable participant on this complete offense.
- Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) — Didn’t return — Taylor tweaked the harm on his speeding landing, then aggravated it on his ultimate move try of the primary half and was unable to return to the sport. He’ll have an MRI to find out the severity of the harm, however NFL Community’s Ian Rapoport is already reporting he will not have the ability to play in Week 3 towards the Panthers — that recreation is on Thursday evening, and rookie third Davis Mills will doubtless begin in his place. It is going to be very onerous to belief anybody in that offense although Brandin Cooks now has 14 catches for 210 yards and a landing by his first two video games, and simply appears to be good with whoever his quarterback is.
Different notable Week 2 Fantasy accidents
- Darrell Henderson (ribs) — Didn’t return — Henderson was as soon as once more enjoying a major function earlier than the harm, selecting up each contact for the Rams backs and dominating snaps similar to he did in Week 1. Nonetheless, staying wholesome has been a difficulty for Henderson in his profession, and now he has to cope with this forward of Week 3 towards the Buccaneers. He rushed for 53 yards and a landing on 13 carries, with three catches for 29 yards earlier than the harm, and it might be onerous to bench him in Fantasy given how a lot work he’s getting if he is ready to play. Sony Michel got here into the sport and rushed for 46 yards on 10 carries after Henderson’s harm, however would doubtless be only a low-end beginning RB for Fantasy functions if Henderson is out.
- Diontae Johnson (knee) — Didn’t return — Johnson may need had probably the most aggravating harm of the day, since his got here as time expired with the Steelers down by 9 — it was an totally meaningless play. He has performed very properly to begin the season, along with his 9 catches for 105 yards giving him 14 for 141 and a landing by two video games, with 22 targets. Hopefully, the harm is not too critical heading into Week 3 towards the Bengals, however we’ll have to observe this one this week. If Johnson does must miss time, JuJu Smith-Schuster figures to be the first short-area goal for Ben Roethlisberger, who’s as soon as once more leaning on quick throws closely. Chase Claypool would doubtless additionally see a bump in Fantasy worth, and he would most likely have extra upside than Smith-Schuster — but additionally a decrease ground.
- Jarvis Landry (knee) — Didn’t return — Landry is believed to have suffered a sprained MCL, and he’ll most likely have an MRI within the coming days to substantiate the severity of the harm. It is good to know this is not a worst-case state of affairs, however that does not imply there is not something to fret about right here. Relying on the severity of the sprain, Landry may very well be taking a look at a multi-week absence. That is unhealthy information for a group that’s already lacking Odell Beckham (knee), with no actual signal of when he would possibly return. With Landry lacking a lot of the sport, the Browns threw simply 21 passes Sunday towards the Texans, with 16 targets going to tight ends or working backs. Count on that to proceed if each Landry and Beckham are out, at the very least till somebody like Rashard Higgins or Donovan Peoples-Jones steps up.
- Nico Collins (shoulder)/Danny Amendola (hamstring) — Didn’t return — The Texans receiving corps was already shallow earlier than these accidents. If Collins and Amendola are compelled to overlook time, Anthony Miller would doubtless be energetic and would possibly really determine into the sport plan. Nonetheless, with Mills beginning, there will not be anybody on this offense price trusting for Fantasy past Cooks, irrespective of who’s energetic.
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/soccer/information/fantasy-football-week-2-injury-updates-on-carson-wentz-tua-tagovailoa-49ers-running-backs-and-more/ | Fantasy Soccer: Week 2 harm updates on Carson Wentz, Tua Tagovailoa, 49ers working backs, and extra