Comfortable Kokomo Friday, particularly for you Dodgers followers on the market! You possibly can learn all concerning the trades beneath however I wish to concentrate on a number of superior pitching performances right here on the high. First up, Luis Patiño dominated the Yankees. He went six shutout innings with eight strikeouts, including 19 swinging strikes on 97 pitches. It was a masterful efficiency, he is a big-name prospect, and he is solely 25% rostered. Add him!
Shout out to Frankie Montas for holding down my title’s sake. The dude is on hearth, this time shutting out the Angels over seven innings with 10 strikeouts. He leads all certified beginning pitchers in swinging strike charge for the month of July thanks largely to that superior splitter. If you happen to saved the religion, it’s best to really feel fairly superior about having Montas in your Fantasy workforce.
The Dodgers Debacle!
It is actually not a debacle should you’re a Los Angeles Dodgers fan, in fact, however boy oh boy did we see one of many wildest deadline trades within the final decade on Thursday. The Dodgers acquired not one, however two latest first-round Fantasy Baseball picks — and two of the very best gamers in baseball. On Thursday, the Dodgers acquired SS Trea Turner and SP Max Scherzer from the Nationals in trade for a “prospect haul” that features C Keibert Ruiz and SP Josiah Grey as the 2 essential items plus two mid-range prospects, in accordance with Ken Rosenthal. All of us knew the Dodgers have been within the combine to land Scherzer, however nobody anticipated they might obtain a package deal that included Turner, too.
Scherzer has been the SP15 in fantasy factors per sport. He made a begin Thursday and went six innings permitting one run with 5 strikeouts — his ERA is now all the way down to 2.76 with a 0.89 WHIP and 147 strikeouts in 111 IP. Below the hood, Scherzer has been simply as spectacular with a 16.4% swinging strike charge — a profession excessive — and his velocity nonetheless appears high quality. He is a free agent after the season.
So who will get the boot within the rotation? Nicely this complicates issues as a result of the workforce additionally acquired Danny Duffy by way of commerce. Scott broke down how the rotation tasks to shake out now and what Turner’s addition means for the remainder of the Dodgers hitters in his in-depth trade breakdown.
Turner is within the remaining yr of arbitration and at the moment on the COVID IL however was batting .322 with 18 homers and 21 steals. He’s the No. 5 ranked participant in Roto and becoming a member of a lineup that was second in baseball in runs per sport at 5.18. The fascinating half is how it will play out when all people is wholesome? Seager is prone to stick at shortstop and will return from the IL on Friday when Turner joins the workforce. The expectation now could be that Turner will begin at 2B with Justin Turner at 3B and Max Muncy at 1B. Then your outfield is Mookie Betts, Cody Bellinger and a mix of Chris Taylor and A.J. Pollock. That is essentially the most stacked of stacked lineups.
So what concerning the supposed prospect haul the Nationals acquired in return? Nicely it actually comes all the way down to the large two.
Ruiz, a 23-year-old catcher, is crushing AAA with a .311 batting common and 16 residence runs to go together with a 1.012 OPS. He is 9% rostered. Grey has thrown 198 minor league innings with a 2.41 ERA and 0.93 WHIP. He is pitched eight innings within the majors this season with a 20.8% swinging strike charge and is 47% rostered.
Scott views Grey as a precedence add in Fantasy leagues on account of his swing and miss potential. Certain the outcomes have not been nice, however he has the strikeout upside to be a Fantasy issue at a place the place there’s at all times a necessity. He has a greater likelihood of sticking with the Nationals than the Dodgers. And whereas Ruiz is probably going additionally MLB-ready along with his contact charge and the ability profile he has developed, it is doable he will not begin out with the Nationals. Additionally, as a result of so many hitter prospects have had bother transitioning to the majors this yr, it is a wait-and-see strategy. Having stated that, in two-catcher leagues — scoop him proper now!
Please test the opt-in field to acknowledge that you simply want to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep watch over your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Yankees add one other energy bat
After buying and selling for Joey Gallo the day earlier than, the Yankees have been again at it and bought one other energy bat in Cubs 1B Anthony Rizzo on Thursday. The Yankees despatched the Cubs 24-year-old pitcher Alexander Vizcaino (throws arduous however has been damage, bounced between SP and RP) and 19-year-old outfielder Kevin Alcantara (large upside with energy and pace).
Rizzo is popping 32 in 10 days. He hasn’t had the very best 2021 season with a .248 common and 14 homers to go together with a ten% stroll charge, 16% strikeout charge, and a career-high exit velocity and arduous hit charge. He has been nursing this again damage all season. Previously seven video games, Rizzo has three homers and a .308 common.
This is the enjoyable truth from Scott: If Rizzo had performed all of his video games at Yankee Stadium this season, based mostly on the space the balls have traveled on contact, he would have 23 residence runs proper now. Scott thinks this modification in surroundings will actually assist Rizzo and the inventory is manner up. It is time to purchase low — or purchase now.
Different noteworthy trades
- Kyle Schwarber to the Purple Sox ($11.5 mil mutual possibility) for pitching prospect Aldo Ramirez.
- Cesar Hernandez to the White Sox for pitcher Konnor Pilkington.
- Brad Hand to the Blue Jays.
- Daniel Hudson to the Padres — Kyle Finnegan will get his first save on Thursday.
- Diego Castillo to the Mariners for reliever JT Chargois and 3B prospect Austin Shenton.
- Ryan Tepera to the Cubs.
- Names we might nonetheless see moved on Friday: Javier Baez, Kris Bryant, Craig Kimbrel, Trevor Story, Jose Berrios, Richard Rodriguez, Jon Grey.
Extra information and notes
- Angels OF Mike Trout acquired an MRI on Thursday and was inspired with the outcomes. Even with that, he stays with no timetable. The Angels are additionally contemplating shifting Trout to a nook outfield spot.
- Phillies OF Bryce Harper was faraway from Recreation 2 of Thursday’s doubleheader with again spasms. He is handled this on and off all season.
- Purple Sox 3B Rafael Devers was out Thursday with that quad damage, as anticipated.
- White Sox OF Eloy Jimenez was additionally out with that groin pressure.
- After getting HBP on his elbow Wednesday, Lourdes Gurriel had X-rays come again unfavourable and is taken into account day-to-day.
- Phillies 1B Rhys Hoskins exited Thursday with a left groin damage.
- Cubs 2B Nico Hoerner was positioned on the IL with a proper indirect pressure.
- Yankees SP Luis Severino will start a minor-league rehab task Tuesday.
- Giants SS Brandon Crawford returned and went 1-3 with a double and two RBI
- Reds 2B Mike Moustakas might start a rehab task at Triple-A early subsequent week. He is 65% rostered.
- Terry Francona will step away for the rest of the season to concentrate on well being points. Get nicely quickly, Tito.
- Hector Santiago has been suspended for 80 video games after testing optimistic for exogenous testosterone. A minimum of it wasn’t beaver tranquilizer.
Greatest hitter matchups for Week 19
1. Blue Jays
Worst hitter matchups for Week 19
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/information/fantasy-baseball-today-how-blockbuster-trades-impact-fantasy-plus-week-19-best-and-worst-hitter-matchups/ | Fantasy Baseball Immediately: How blockbuster trades impression Fantasy, plus Week 19 greatest and worst hitter matchups