F9 sped into theaters this previous summer season with an impressive pandemic box office debut, however it wasn’t ok to maintain the film from getting a VOD launch by Common Photos much earlier than usual. Now the ninth installment of the Quick and Livid franchise is slated to come back house on 4K Extremely HD, Blu-ray, and DVD in September, and it’s even getting an prolonged director’s minimize from filmmaker Justin Lin. Get all the main points on the F9 Blu-ray and DVD launch beneath.
Common Photos has introduced that F9 will probably be launched on digital beginning on September 7, 2021, and it’ll arrive on 4K Extremely HD, Blu-ray and DVD a pair weeks afterward September 21, 2021. On prime of the unique theatrical minimize from earlier this yr, the F9 house video launch may also have an prolonged director’s minimize. Nonetheless, it’s not clear how for much longer this minimize will probably be than the director’s minimize.
The existence of a director’s minimize is fairly stunning since filmmaker Justin Lin by no means actually talked about any drastic adjustments to what ended up in theaters. So perhaps it’s only a advertising ploy to assist make up for the field workplace revenues misplaced because of the coronavirus pandemic. Maybe there have been a handful of deleted scenes that would simply be added again into the film, however they don’t precisely change the general minimize of the movie very a lot. We’ll discover out quickly sufficient.
Together with the director’s minimize, there are a handful of bonus options totaling over an hour of content material from behind the scenes. There’s additionally function commentary from director Justin Lin for each the theatrical minimize and director’s minimize. You will get the total rundown of all of the featurettes and bonus materials beneath.
F9 Blu-ray and DVD Particular Options
- Gag Reel
- F9: All In – The Quick household invitations you to be a part of the crew as they provide you an intimate have a look at how F9 propels this epic franchise to even better heights. This bonus function, with greater than 46 minutes of content material, contains returning characters, new forged members, big stunts, massive surprises, and a lot extra.
- Virtually Quick – Relating to stunts, it appears every movie in The Quick Saga outdoes the final. On this piece, we study how Justin Lin and his workforce go to nice lengths to shoot as many stunts as they will in-camera and virtually, giving the movie an authenticity that can not be achieved solely by visible results or CGI.
- Shifting Priorities – We first met many of those characters when The Quick and the Livid was launched in 2001. Within the 20+ years since, not solely have the characters themselves grown and advanced, however so have the actors that painting them. Artwork typically imitates life, and we have a look at how that’s significantly true in F9.
- Justice for Han – Han is again! Sung Kang and Justin Lin talk about the genesis for the return of this beloved character, whereas the forged reveals how a lot it means to them to have Kang again alongside for the journey.
- A Day on Set with Justin Lin – The job of a director on any film manufacturing is big. The job of a director on a manufacturing the size of F9 is immeasurable. Spend a day with Justin Lin and see simply how demanding it’s to navigate a manufacturing day while you’re the one with all of the solutions.
- John Cena: Supercar Superfan – John Cena is a real-life automotive knowledgeable, and no franchise does vehicles like Quick. Watch John soar from unique automotive to unique automotive like a child in a sweet retailer, providing you with a real fan’s have a look at a number of the rarest and costliest vehicles on the planet.
- Function Commentary (Theatrical and Director’s Reduce) with producer, co-writer, director Justin Lin
Right here’s the official synopsis for F9, which continues to be kicking round in theaters and out there on VOD proper now.
Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) thought he’d left his outlaw life within the rear-view mirror, however not even he can outrun the previous. When his forsaken brother Jakob (John Cena, Bumblebee) unexpectedly resurfaces as an elite murderer, the crew comes again collectively to assist Dom confront the sins of his personal previous and cease a world-shattering plot.
Cool Posts From Across the Internet:
https://www.slashfilm.com/f9-blu-ray-and-dvd-release-date/ | F9 Blu-ray and DVD Coming in September with a Director’s Reduce – /Movie