Hear live audio from more than 7,000 police and fire protection scanners, weather stations, amateur radio repeaters, aviation and marine radios from around the world. Enable notifications to receive alerts anytime the scanner has more than 2000 listeners (learn about major events when they are breaking).
• See the scanners closest to you.
• See the top 50 scanners with the most listeners.
• View a list of the most recently added scanners (new scanners are always added).
• Add your favorite scanners to your Favorites for quick access.
• Browse directories by location or category (public safety, air traffic, rail, marine, etc.).
• Turn on notifications to be notified when major events are happening (details below).
• Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access.
• Android Auto support.
Get notified anytime:
• … any scanner in a directory with more than 2000 listeners (configurable).
• … a scanner within a certain distance from your location has more than a certain number of listeners.
• … a particular scanner has more than a certain number of listeners.
• … a Broadcastify alert is posted for one of your favorites.
• … a scanner within a certain distance from you is added to the folder.
This is the free version of the app, here are the benefits of purchasing the Pro version (for only $2.99, one time purchase):
• No advertising.
• Access to all 6 theme colors.
• Push notifications are sent within 5 minutes (versus within 15 minutes).
• Ability to record audio.
• You can use the play button at the bottom of the folder screen and on the widgets to start listening without having to go to the player screen.
The audio you can hear is provided by volunteers (and in many cases, the police and fire departments themselves) for Broadcastify and several other sites using real police scanners and looks like sounds you will hear with your own police scanner.
If you need assistance, please visit http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explain why some permissions are needed:
• The “Location” permission is required so that the application can determine which scanners are located in your area when you select “Nearby scanners”. When you select “Proximity Scanner”, the app will first try to determine your location over the network, if it fails, the app will try to determine your location via GPS.
• The “Photos / Media / Files” / “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage” permission is required to allow you to record the sound you are listening to and can save it to a different location. location that you can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro installed or if you are using Scanner Radio Pro).