Followers of the Disney theme parks are little doubt riveted by some very huge information emanating out of Burbank at the moment: gone are the times of the FastPass ticketing system and even the paid MaxPass ticketing system on the parks. Now, it’s time to welcome somebody new and blue to your life: the Disney Genie service. The quick model: that is meant to be a planning device to streamline your theme-park expertise. The lengthy model? Get able to pay.
What Genie Provides
After teasing it for a short time, Disney has unveiled some particulars concerning the Genie Service on its Parks Weblog. Genie will probably be constructed into the Disney theme park apps, and can embrace options for planning your day on the parks (we’ll get to the cash half shortly):
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night time: Disney Genie will proceed to replace your itinerary all through your day, so that you could be extra spontaneous and drift.
- Discover Your Favorites at a Look: Create your very personal private tip board to immediately see your favorites. It should show present AND forecasted future wait instances, serving to you are expecting if you may expertise faster entry to points of interest.
- Get pleasure from Extra Flexibility and Enjoyable: Disney Genie brings current planning options collectively in a single place. Be a part of a digital queue at sure points of interest, make eating and expertise reservations, cell order meals at many places, get assist from a digital assistant and extra.
This video runs down the fundamentals you have to know:
Now, simply as you may count on from Disney, there’s no one-size-fits-all scenario right here. Sure, there’s a complimentary model of this service, which is able to give any visitor to the Disneyland or Walt Disney World theme parks the power to entry day by day itineraries, make eating and character reservations, and extra. However there’s additionally the Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane choices. What, you could ask, does the plus signal connote? Cash.
Which means, if you wish to use Disney Genie+ to pick out from a number of points of interest (per journalist Scott Gustin on Twitter, it’s over 15 points of interest at Disneyland and 40 at Walt Disney World), you’re going to must pay, per day and per ticket. It should value you $15 at Walt Disney World and $20 at Disneyland, per day, to make use of Disney Genie+. And if you wish to experience points of interest like Seven Dwarfs Mine Practice or Radiator Springs Racers, you’ll have to make use of an further choice referred to as Lightning Lane, which presumably refers to how rapidly your cash will probably be taken out of your checking account.
Right here’s how the Disney Parks Weblog breaks it down:
- Disney Genie+ service (accessible for buy): For the value of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort, select the subsequent accessible time to reach at a wide range of points of interest and experiences utilizing the Lightning Lane entrance. You can also make one choice at a time, all through the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Large Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (points of interest topic to restricted availability). This handy choice is the subsequent evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will even embrace Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photograph options to seize your recollections – augmented actuality lenses for these visiting Walt Disney World Resort and limitless Disney PhotoPass downloads out of your day in case you are visiting Disneyland Resort.
- Particular person attraction choices (accessible for buy): Schedule a time to reach at as much as two extremely demanded points of interest every day utilizing the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Practice at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Journey park (topic to restricted availability; points of interest not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this feature will fluctuate by date, attraction and park and will probably be introduced nearer to launch.
For an extended breakdown of what Genie presents, this video presents an in-depth look:
Disneyland is Not a Museum
Walt Disney famously stated that Disneyland was not a museum. What that meant, in brief, was that neither company nor Solid Members ought to count on the Disney theme parks to be static presences on this planet, however all the time altering. Change could be arduous, but in addition good. However change can generally additionally simply appear a bit irritating, and at this extraordinarily early juncture, it’s straightforward to see at the moment’s huge announcement because the latter. The Disney theme parks are a enterprise, after all, however whereas which means they should earn money, it additionally means they should have prospects who wish to spend cash at their parks.
A few of you on the market might be the kinds with sufficient disposable money that this feature doesn’t throw you off an excessive amount of. And for those who’ve carried out MaxPass, as I’ve, there’s actually a real worth to that system (simply as with MaxPass, Disney Genie+ comes with limitless PhotoPass downloads of your expertise). However for many people, additions like this will likely keep true to the notion that Disneyland will not be a museum. It’s simply an extremely costly expertise that’s turning into too costly to afford.
Cool Posts From Across the Net:
https://www.slashfilm.com/disney-parks-introduces-genie-a-new-service-replacing-fastpass-and-asking-for-more-of-your-money/ | Disney Genie Set to Exchange FastPass at Theme Parks – /Movie