Showtime has confirmed its late night series Desus & Mero is officially over after rumors of a falling out between co-hosts Desus Nice and The Kid Mero.
According to a spokesperson for the network, “Desus Nice and The Kid Mero will be pursuing separate creative endeavors. SHOWTIME’s late night talk show DESUS & MERO will not be returning for a fifth season. The final episode aired on Thursday June 23.”
Desus & Mero premiered on Showtime in February 2019 with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as the show’s first guest. Subsequent guests have included movie stars like Denzel Washington, former presidents like Barack Obama, and other late-night hosts like Jon Stewart. The hosts, who met on Twitter before creating their popular Bodega Boys podcast, had previously hosted versions of their late-night series on Complex TV and Viceland.
But in recent days and weeks, fans have begun to speculate about an end to their long creative partnership after an account said to belong to The Kid Mero posted on Reddit that their podcast was a “wrap.” In response, Desus Nice told his Twitter followers, “I tried you all,” adding, “The hive deserved a better ending than this,” referring to her loyal fans.
After the news became official on Monday, Desus tweeted, “screams to showtime and yells to the hive, thank you for being a part of the journey. proud of the show my staff put on in each episode. Big tings coming soon…”
For more, listen to Desus Nice and The Kid Mero the last laugh podcast.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/desus-and-mero-ending-showtime-series-following-break-up-rumors?source=articles&via=rss Desus and Mero are ending Showtime series after breakup rumors