So you’re trying out a new activity in Fate 2 called the Dares of Eternity. There is a special encounter that you may have missed, and it only happens after defeating the final boss. This is ours Fate 2 guide to help you Dares of Eternity Lightning Round, as well as Special Guest Scar Triumph for Ultra Plasmic shader.
Fate 2 Dares of Eternity Lightning Wheel Guide
Just to be clear, I’m still not sure how to properly activate Lightning Round in Fate 2by Dares of Eternity. I’m leaning towards absolute randomness, but there might be a surefire way to trigger it. I’ve only seen this happen three times with LFG groups that I joined to run normal mode. Here’s what I know:
- It doesn’t depend on getting 200,000 points when you kill the boss. I had a run where we had less than 170,000 and it still happened.
- It’s also not based on how fast you kill the boss. In all three cases, we fought Crota (who took longer to kill than Zydron).
- I’m sure it wasn’t because the team completed the obstacle courses without falling.
In any case, the Lightning Cycle in Dares of Eternity will occur after the final boss is defeated. A progress bar and timer will appear to the left of your HUD, letting you know that you can earn rewards. Here’s what you can expect:
- Several control points will appear in the room. You will want to have at least two players per person so that these players are limited.
- Control points will usually have the main Taken mobs, in addition to dozens of other hordes that will constantly appear.
- You get heavy ammo crates to help in the duel. Likewise, Well of Radiance and Bubble/Ward of Dawn can improve survivability.
- There are three stages that last two minutes each. For each round that you complete, you will earn an extra chest. However, if you can’t capture all areas in time, the Lightning Cycle will end soon.
Pay attention to the bottom right corner of your HUD. You will see a notification that Xur’s special contestant has arrived. This mob is usually a Minotaur with a bright light. Kill it to complete the Special Guest Victory. Click this in your Triumphs menu to get an Ultra Plasmic shader from Xur.
Anyway, the Dares of Eternity activity in Fate 2 already gave you one chest, but clearing the entire Lightning Wheel will give you three more chests. It’s a good way to earn more Treasure keys and exotic coins for Xur and Starhorse.
https://www.pcinvasion.com/destiny-2-lightning-round-dares-of-eternity/ Dares of Eternity – Lightning Round Guide