Sports

Covid 19, relocation, Queensland, quarantine hubs, families, schedule change, regional venues, triple header

The immediate future of the NRL is at risk while families are affected by the balcony ban.

It follows the latest alleged biosecurity breach and the sight of families violating government protocols.

Panthers and Blues players Apisai Koroisau is under investigation following claims he breached the biosecurity bubble while at the NSW Origin camp.

Meanwhile, NRL families caught on camera pass food to each other across the balcony while in isolation in the hotel.

Watch NRL Telstra Premiership’s Live and On-Demand 2021 with no interruptions during playback. New to Kayo? > Get your 14-day free trial now and start streaming right away>

Townsend on the big clash with Bunnies | 04:33

Such actions are considered a violation of government protocols in Queensland.

In response, CEO Andrew Abdo had to notify families on Friday that they would be barred from using balconies.

Meanwhile, families now risk being evicted if they break quarantine rules again.

The NRL itself is in jeopardy after Koroisau’s latest alleged beachfront.

The NRL moved teams to Queensland to continue playing during the COVID outbreak hitting New South Wales and has been granted an exemption from doing so.

Queensland’s Chief Medical Officer, Jeannette Young, though warned on Friday that non-Queensland teams could soon be disqualified.

Asked on Friday at what point the NRL waivers could be revoked, Dr Young said: “I’m getting very close to that.”

“Yes, I am very, very worried about what is happening to these NRL players,” she added

“You’ll see that picture of the family hotel, where they’re sharing merchandise between patios.

“If I have any further violations, I am very concerned.

“It is for all of them. This is too risky. We just can’t have people who intentionally break the rules. “

NRL CONFIRMATION SCHEDULE AS PLAN US$30 million

The NRL has confirmed a revised schedule for Rounds 20 and 21 of the competition as it could extend by $30 million in Queensland.

There will be three headers in Round 21 at Suncorp Stadium, which will see Brisbane fans enjoy three blockbuster matches – Warriors vs Sharks, Roosters vs Panthers and Sea Eagles vs Storm.

Meanwhile, last year’s finalists Storm and Panthers will meet at Suncorp next Saturday night with the game moved from AAMI Park.

RFL top SLAMS Australia and New Zealand | 02:18

Mackay, Rockhampton and Redcliffe will also host a total of four games as the NRL looks to bring rugby league to regional centers.

“Our challenges with moving the competition also turned into an opportunity to give fans unique experiences at mini magic festivals, and it’s great for us to be able to bring the game into the mix. regions of the central rugby union,” said NRL CEO Andrew Abdo.

“I would like to thank the Clubs and broadcasters for being ready to watch these games in Mackay and Rockhampton.

“The opportunity to have a small magic triple header at Suncorp Stadium, as well as double headers in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast will also continue to provide maximum opportunity for our supporters in South East Queensland to watch. Multiple Clubs and matches in one venue.”

It came as Daily telegramreports that the NRL faces a lengthy spell in Queensland that could cost the league $30 million.

The NRL was originally planning to stay for a month but it looks like that could last until the end of the season.

The 4-week resettlement plan is estimated at up to $15 million according to Telegraph, with an extended run including a grand final representing a $30 million travel and accommodation bill.

FAMILY REQUEST TO LEAVE THE BULLET AFTER THE FINAL CHANGE

Meanwhile, some NRL families could move out of the Gold Coast bubble in the coming days after tight restrictions are put in place on their arrival.

Channel 9’s Danny Weidler tweeted that a family at the quarantine center had officially asked the NRL to leave the Gold Coast hotel, with the issue related to the change of conditions.

It came as the NRL reported a possible breach of quarantine procedures to Queensland Health after families with balconies were found to have walked past marshmallows between floors.

Initially, families were told they could move through floors and other parts of the building during meal breaks.

However, they were awakened by the announcement that the restrictions had been tightened and that they would be limited to their floor.

“NRL and Accor made sure we were able to move freely in the hotel,” said Michelle Taupau, wife of Sea Eagles star Martin Taupau. SEN 1170.

“We got our keys and we were pretty much told that we were allowed a 45-minute break at mealtime. So for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we can go with a specific group to restaurants to eat and people watch and then return to our rooms. That later changed.

OTHER NRL NEWS

DOMINO EFFECT: Why the Storm captain’s next move will cause a frenzied NRL transfer

TRANSFER NOTICE REPORT: Smith Gives Big Coates Hints As Storm Moves Over Bronco Exile

Raiders prevail over Eels in the game BRUTAL | 02:52

“We did it for lunch and dinner and then around 11 or midnight we were confined to our room. We were informed via PA, there was a message that woke me up that Level 34 you need to come down to get breakfast.

“It was like: ‘Well, scrambling to read emails and find out what the hell was going on and change overnight’. That happened yesterday and then they have been working on it ever since.”

That means food will now be delivered directly to each floor, but those with children won’t have access to a microwave to heat bottles.

News Corp despite reports that the NRL cleared out a Harvey Norman store to provide microwaves to those who needed them.

A trip to the store to buy food and essentials is also made.

Taupau’s children have not made the trip to the Gold Coast and while she is positive and committed to staying, she says others are considering moving back to Sydney.

“For now, I think there are some people who will stay in the next 24-48 hours to see what happens,” she said on Friday morning.

“If things don’t change, maybe a couple will choose to leave. I won’t, I commit but there are people with young children that I’m pretty confident going.

SCANDAL: NRL investigations claim Blues recruit brought a woman into Origin camp

Townsend on the big clash with Bunnies | 04:33

“Honestly, we had no water yesterday. There is water in the faucet, you can go and drink from your bathroom faucet which I did. There are nursing mothers who need to be replenished with enough water.

“The quality of those and the hotel’s tap water probably doesn’t meet those needs. They can’t heat their baby’s bottle, there’s no microwave. There have been real challenges.

“The challenges here, I don’t think anyone would say they are bigger than what anyone else is experiencing everywhere else in the state, the country and the world… it’s just relative. this situation and what we were told it would be like with what it really is. “

Taupau said she entered into a conversation with the NRL via Webex overnight, where the federation assured it it would work to improve conditions.

Despite that, she said all the families are grateful for the opportunity to make the trip while explaining that there is no directive from the NRL not to make a public complaint about the conditions.

Watch ‘Wild Wests: Tales from Tiger Town’ an exclusive behind-the-scenes Fox League on-demand production on Kayo > Click here to view

Fergo sparks the effort of the candidate of the year! | 00:40

“There are no directives,” she added.

“The language in the email is clearly meant to encourage us to stay positive. I had a few open and honest conversations yesterday and I’m not told I can’t talk to people or say anything. I would not say that any directives have been given.

“My heart goes out to anyone who under any circumstances cannot meet their loved ones, even having to take to the streets, cross the LGA to see their family. Speaking for myself and so many people here, we are so grateful for the opportunity to reunite with our families.

“There is no question this is an opportunity. I really appreciate it and I know everyone does. If anyone complained, that would be what they were told and the condition they would put their child in was not like this. “

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-covid-19-relocation-queensland-quarantine-hubs-families-schedule-change-regional-venues-triple-header/news-story/601f7a0c8bc3aed86fed83c8223e9478 | Covid 19, relocation, Queensland, quarantine hubs, families, schedule change, regional venues, triple header

Linh

Inter Reviewed is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@interreviewed.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 + 8 =

Back to top button