In its replace issued round 4:30 p.m., the regional well being unit reported 31 energetic instances, unchanged from its replace on Tuesday.
Different knowledge from the well being unit on Wednesday:
- Complete confirmed instances: 1,847 for the reason that pandemic was declared in March 2020.
- Variant of concern instances: 1,076— a further six instances since Tuesday (1,070). The well being unit confirmed its first Delta variant case on June 19 and its first variant case on Feb. 23.
- Resolved instances: 1,793 — a further case since Tuesday (1,792). Resolved instances make up roughly 96.8 per cent of all instances.
- Shut contacts: 252 — down from 266 reported on Tuesday. An in depth contact is an individual who is understood to have had shut contact with somebody who was contaminated with COVID-19. People who find themselves shut contacts need to self-isolate for 14 days from the final time they’d contact with an individual contaminated with COVID-19.
- Deaths: 23 — the most recent loss of life was reported on Friday, Sept. 10, the primary since June 29.
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre: Reported no COVID-19 inpatients as of Wednesday. There have been at the least 76 affected person transfers from different areas.
- Testing: Greater than 61,000 individuals have been examined for COVID-19 — a further 100 since Wednesday’s replace.
- Outbreaks: Two energetic — an outbreak at Havelock-Belmont Public Faculty was declared over the weekend, as much as 10 instances as of Wednesday morning. The varsity is closed for in-person studying. A office outbreak was declared in Peterborough County on Friday. No particulars had been supplied. The well being unit has handled 323 COVID-19 instances related to 54 outbreaks for the reason that pandemic was declared in March 2020.
- Hospitalizations: 88 instances have required hospitalized care, making up roughly 5 per cent of all instances — 18 of the instances required the intensive care unit. ICU admissions make up one per cent of the instances.
- COVID-19 publicity: 75.6 per cent of all instances (1,397) within the well being unit’s jurisdiction are from contact with one other present case; 20.1 per cent (371 instances) are linked with group unfold; 3.7 per cent (69 instances) are associated to journey and 0.7 per cent (10 instances) have but to be decided.
- Instances by age: 20 and beneath – 354 instances; 20-29 – 592 instances; 30-39 – 234 instances; 40-49 – 165 instances; 50-59 – 202 instances; 60-69 – 153 instances; 70-79 – 71 instances; 80-89 – 47 instances; 90 and older – 29 instances.
- Instances by intercourse: 51 per cent male (943) and 49 per cent feminine (902).
The well being unit launched its weekly vaccination charge knowledge on Wednesday.
All eligible residents (ages 12 and up):
- 85.5 per cent had obtained a primary vaccine dose (up from 84.9 per cent on Sept. 29)
- 80.8 per cent had obtained a primary and second dose — absolutely vaccinated (up from 79.7 on Sept. 29)
Adults (ages 18 and up):
- 85.6 per cent had obtained a primary vaccine dose (up from 85.1 per cent on Sept. 29)
- 81.2 per cent had obtained a primary and second dose — absolutely vaccinated (up from 80.3 per cent on Sept. 29)
Youth (ages 12-17):
- 84 per cent had obtained a primary vaccine dose (up from 82.9 per cent on Sept. 29)
- 74 per cent had obtained a primary and second dose — absolutely vaccinated (up from 71.5 per cent on Sept. 29).
Thus far, the well being unit studies that 225,373 doses of vaccine have been administered — a further 2,164 for the reason that Sept. 29 replace. Of that whole, 112,352 eligible residents have obtained a primary dose; 105,981 have obtained a primary and second dose (a further 1,383 since Sept. 29).
This month, the well being unit is internet hosting numerous walk-in vaccination clinics for anybody aged 12 and older, providing first and second doses. Clinics this week and subsequent embrace:
- Wednesday, Oct. 6: Wholesome Planet Enviornment, 911 Monaghan Rd. in Peterborough — 10 a.m. to three p.m.
- Friday, Oct 8: Wholesome Planet Enviornment, 911 Monaghan Rd. in Peterborough — 10 a.m. to three p.m. and St. Joseph’s Catholic Elementary Faculty, 405 Douro 4th Line in Douro — 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
All testing and medical assessments for COVID-19 in Peterborough at the moment are consolidated at Peterborough Regional Health Centre’s evaluation centre at 1 Hospital Dr. Appointments have to be booked online.
Numerous Peterborough and space pharmacies provide vaccinations to eligible recipients. Appointments are required and may be made by calling the respective pharmacies or visiting the Ontario government’s website.
The Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board, as of 10:27 a.m. Tuesday, reports 12 energetic instances amongst its colleges (the college board doesn’t state if instances contain college students or workers):
- Havelock-Belmont Public Faculty in Havelock: 10 instances — 5 extra since Tuesday morning’s replace. An outbreak was declared over the weekend. On Tuesday, officers ordered the junior kindergarten to Grade 6 faculty closed till at the least Oct. 15
- Kenner Collegiate Vocational Institute in Peterborough: One case, unchanged since Monday. The chool stays open.
- Adam Scott Collegiate and Vocational Institute in Peterborough: One case, unchanged since Monday. The varsity stays open.
The Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Clarington Catholic District School Board reports fives instances inside the well being unit’s jurisdiction:
- St. Paul Catholic Elementary Faculty in Lakefield: Two instances — another since Tuesday. The varsity stays open.
- Holy Cross Catholic Secondary Faculty in Peterborough: One case — unchanged since Sept. 27. The varsity stays open.
- St. Paul Catholic Elementary Faculty in Norwood: Two instances — another since Tuesday. The varsity stays open.
Trent University reports two energetic instances — each at its Durham campus. A case on the Peterborough campus has been resolved. The college additionally studies 91 per cent of scholars and 96 per cent of staff are absolutely vaccinated. One other 5 per cent of scholars and one per cent of workers are partially vaccinated.
Fleming College has not reported any instances at its campus in Peterborough.
© 2021 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.
https://globalnews.ca/information/8248389/covid-19-peterborough-vaccines-active-cases-update-october-6/ | COVID-19: Practically 81% of Peterborough-area residents absolutely vaccinated; energetic instances stay at 31 – Peterborough