In its replace issued round 11:35 a.m. Monday, the regional well being unit — which serves Peterborough, Peterborough County, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation — issued the next information:
- New circumstances (since Friday): 10
- Energetic circumstances: 25 — down from 31 reported on Friday and 40 reported on Thursday.
- Variant of concern circumstances: 1,024 — six extra since Friday. The well being unit confirmed its first Delta variant case on June 19 and its first confirmed variant case on Feb. 23.
- Whole confirmed circumstances: 1,787 because the pandemic was declared in March 2020.
- Resolved circumstances: 1,739 — a further 16 circumstances since Friday (1,723). Resolved circumstances make up roughly 97.3 per cent of all circumstances.
- Deaths: 23 — a demise was reported on Friday, Sept. 10, the primary one since June 29. The well being unit experiences a girl in her 40s died.
- Shut contacts: 364 — up from 286 reported on Friday and 295 reported on Thursday. A detailed contact is an individual who is thought to have had shut contact with somebody who was contaminated with COVID-19. People who find themselves shut contacts need to self-isolate for 14 days from the final time that they had contact with an individual contaminated with COVID-19.
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre: Reported one COVID-19 inpatient on Friday. There have been a minimum of 76 affected person transfers from different areas.
- Kaawaate East Metropolis Public College in Peterborough: 1 case
- Thomas A. Stewart Secondary College Peterborough: 1 case
- North Shore Public College in Keene: 2 circumstances
The Peterborough Victoria Northumberland Clarington District School Board has not reported any circumstances at faculties inside Peterborough Public Well being’s jurisdiction.
Trent University has reported one student case at its campus in Peterborough and one scholar case at its Durham campus (outdoors PPH’s jurisdiction). No different particulars had been offered on the circumstances.
Fleming College has not reported any circumstances at their campuses in Peterborough.
Different well being unit information launched on Monday:
- Testing: Greater than 59,300 individuals have been examined for COVID-19 — a further 250 since Friday.
- Outbreaks: None energetic. The well being unit has handled 312 COVID-19 circumstances related to 52 outbreaks because the pandemic was declared in March 2020.
- Hospitalizations: 88 circumstances have required hospitalized care. The 88 circumstances make up roughly 5 per cent of all circumstances — 18 of the circumstances required the intensive care unit. ICU admissions make up one per cent of the circumstances.
- COVID-19 publicity: 75.9 per cent of all circumstances (1,356) within the well being unit’s jurisdiction are from contact with one other present COVID-19 case, 20 per cent (355 circumstances) are related with neighborhood unfold, 3.9 per cent (69 per cent) associated to journey and 0.3 per cent (7 circumstances) have but to be decided.
The well being unit launched its weekly immunization price information on Wednesday which will be discovered on this Global News Peterborough article.
This month, the well being unit is internet hosting quite a few walk-in vaccination clinics for anybody age 12 and older, providing first and second doses. Clinics this week embody:
- Sept. 22: Cavan Monaghan Neighborhood Centre, 986 County Rd. 10, in Millbrook from 9 a.m. to three p.m.
- Sept. 23: Havelock Neighborhood Centre, 39 George St. E., in Havelock from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
All testing and medical assessments for COVID-19 in Peterborough at the moment are consolidated at Peterborough Regional Health Centre’s evaluation centre at 1 Hospital Dr. Appointments have to be booked on-line by visiting this website.
Numerous Peterborough and space pharmacies provide vaccinations to eligible recipients. Appointments are required and will be made by calling the respective pharmacies or visiting the Ontario government’s website.
https://globalnews.ca/information/8204844/covid-19-10-new-cases-over-weekend-in-peterborough-area-active-cases-fall-to-25/ | COVID-19: 10 new circumstances over weekend in Peterborough space; energetic circumstances fall to 25 – Peterborough