The Charlotte Rescue Mission is gearing up for a $25 Million Transformation to extend its attain in uptown Charlotte. The charity just lately launched a capital marketing campaign targeted on revitalizing, not changing, its males’s shelter positioned on the sting of uptown. The marketing campaign is titled “Miracle at Cedar Road”.
The handy, straightforward to find, prime location of the boys’s shelter paired with its wealthy historical past prioritizes its retention. The Charlotte Rescue Mission is on the nook of West 1st and Cedar Road and dates again round 100 years. It was first constructed as a Southern Spindle & Flyer Firm constructing in 1920. The marketing campaign goals to lift $25 million to rework the campus. They hope to achieve extra, desperately wanted area in addition to creating a contemporary, inviting area for many who want assist in our neighborhood.
What precisely is the Charlotte Rescue Mission? Based on their web site, the Charlotte Rescue Mission is a frontrunner in offering f”ree, Christian-based residential restoration packages that assist folks battling the illness of dependancy obtain long-term sobriety, discover employment and secure housing, and restore and construct wholesome relationships.”
Based on the campaign site, these are the objectives for the cash:
- Dormitory areas that can permit us to serve greater than 100 extra males every year.
- Counseling areas to supply small non-public rooms for one-on-one intensive counseling and extra group rooms for the each day group work that’s a part of our 12-Step restoration mannequin.
- Admissions space with a non-public ready room for brand new residents and their households to raised keep confidentiality and dignity whereas taking the vital first step in getting assist.
- Eating room massive sufficient for all of the Rebound males to eat collectively and nonetheless have room for volunteers to serve and work together. This new eating room can even function flex area for big conferences, neighborhood occasions, and particular meals.
- Flex areas for small group lessons that can improve our program and assist our residents be taught to thrive in our neighborhood, together with budgeting/finance, credit score restore, anger administration, and parenting.
- Medical places of work the place our nurses can ship the next stage of take care of our residents and permit us to broaden our partnerships with medical doctors and medical suppliers who come onsite to supply extra companies.
- An energy-efficient constructing with diminished utility prices and new, built-in know-how to enhance the safety and security for residents and workers.
At the moment, the “Miracle at Cedar Road” has raised 42% of the $25 million purpose. This contains donations from company sponsors akin to Truist, Coca-Cola Consolidated, Ally, and others. Notable contributions have additionally been produced from former Charlotte mayor Harvey Gantt and Heath Campbell of Truist.
Public donations at the moment are being excepted in any quantity. You possibly can be taught extra in regards to the Charlotte Rescue Mission Transformation and donate by clicking here.
https://kiss951.com/2021/09/20/charlotte-rescue-mission-gearing-up-for-25-million-transformation/ | Charlotte Rescue Mission Gearing Up For $25 Million Transformation