On Friday, Chanel and the experienced artist Es Devlin—Designs set for Broadway’s Lehman’s trio currently wowing audiences — have revealed their “Five Echos” exhibit (open to the public until December 21). The installation transformed the former site into an urban jungle known as the Jungle Plaza (all trees are native to the area and will be replanted at the end of the exhibition), dedicated to scent, character sustainability, forests, and Devlin’s artistic obsession with mazes.
Familiar faces from the night before joined Venus Williams, Maluma, Joe Jonas, Leon Bridges, and Vanessa Traina. After cocktails and a seated dinner, Devlin wowed attendees – “No matter how good your conversation, no matter how delicious you’re eating, I invite you to come close to me” —with a performance performance by spanish singer -songwriter Rosalia. Between the hits “Malamente” and “La Fama”, the female musician made the audience regal with her own memories of Chanel’s perfume. Her first memory comes from her grandmother.
“She wears it all the time, and honestly, it’s not that little,” she explains with a laugh. “Every time she came to the house, we knew Lucrecia was there. I will never forget, it was all over the house. ”
Chanel house perfume Olivier Polge there is also a familial connection to scent; Polge’s father is a perfumer Jacques Polge, who was the perfumer of Chanel for 37 years. “You have to remember that the number 5 was created when fashion and perfume were completely separate. Gabrielle Chanel was the one who got the idea and history shows that she was right,” he said. “The secret behind this beautiful creation was created in 1921, we have always taken incredible care with number 5 quality and have always tried to incorporate it in our daily lives.”
As the colors of Devlin’s sculpture settled and flowed to Rosalia’s rhythm, the audience cheered her final song, and continued to soak up the hot Miami air with bottle number 5 on hand.
Better stories from Vanity Fair
– Resurrection by Guru Jagat
– Billie Eilish Sit for Same interview for the fifth year
– How Princess Charlene’s Illness Becoming an International Mystery?
– Experiment by Ghislaine Maxwell: A A fresh look at Epstein’s MO
– NS Best gifts for women Give and Take this holiday season
– Internet reception Donald Trump Jr. and LeBron James
– 72 hours Inside the Spend-athon at Art Basel Miami Beach
– The Renaissance of Claire’s Y2K Beauty Aesthetic Here
– From the Archive: The Paradoxical Life and Death of Robert Maxwell
– Registration for “Purchase Line” to receive curated lists of fashion, books, and beauty supplies in a weekly newsletter.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/12/chanel-celebrates-art-basel-with-surprise-performance-from-rosalia Chanel celebrates Art Basel with a surprise performance from Rosalia