Games

CD Projekt Red Acquires Indie Studio The Molasses Flood

Greatest identified for its well-received The Witcher sequence, CD Projekt is a Polish online game developer, writer, and distributor primarily based out of Warsaw. Based in 1994 as a distributor of overseas video video games for the Polish market, the corporate opened its personal improvement studio, generally known as CD Projekt Red, in 2002.

The massive success of the popular Witcher franchise, now totaling three mainline video games and three spin-off titles, allowed CD Projekt to considerably broaden its operations. The corporate now homes six totally different subsidiaries, together with CD Projekt Pink Vancouver, previously generally known as Digital Scapes, which was acquired earlier this 12 months in March. Digital Scapes had assisted CD Projekt Pink with Cyberpunk 2077’s improvement earlier than being introduced into the CD Projekt household.

RELATED: Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3 Next-Gen Versions Hit With Big Delays

Despite the myriad of problems with Cyberpunk 2077, it seems to be like CD Projekt goes to maintain increasing. Introduced to traders right now, the corporate revealed that it has bought Boston-based indie studio The Molasses Flood. Greatest identified for the roguelike survival journey The Flame in The Flood, The Molasses Flood bought 60% of the studio to CD Projekt, with the remaining 40% be to transferred over time. The announcement additionally talked about that the newly acquired studio goes to be working by itself challenge primarily based on one among CD Projekt’s current IPs. Whereas this title will extremely doubtless be in both The Witcher or Cyberpunk 2077 universes, it’s unknown what precisely the studio is engaged on or the scope of the challenge.

The Molasses Flood Twitter account has launched a press release confirming the information, revealing just a few particulars, “We get to construct a very new recreation within the universe of an current CD Projekt IP, we get to rent much more of us, and we get to maintain making video games primarily based on the identical ideas which have all the time guided us: making video games with coronary heart constructed on wealthy gameplay techniques.” The corporate then provides that it’s not being absorbed by CD Projekt, however slightly embraced and supported.

Different Twitter customers are reacting positively to the information, with many followers congratulating the crew and sharing their pleasure concerning what it and CD Projekt can create sooner or later. Some Twitter members are cheekily remarking that this acquisition could assist forestall CD Projekt Pink from releasing a game as buggy as Cyberpunk 2077 once more.

new logo for The Molasses Flood

There have been many various thrilling recreation studio acquisitions as of late. PlayStation recently bought Bluepoint Games, which developed the well-received Demon’s Souls remake, and Microsoft has been shopping for up studios left and proper to try to broaden its first-party recreation output. Nonetheless, regardless of Cyperpunk 2077’s points, CD Projekt stays one of many extra prolific firms in gaming right now, and it will likely be fascinating for followers to see what it and The Molasses Flood can produce collectively as a part of this collaboration.

MORE: Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 Next-Gen Delay Was Probably the Right Move

Supply: IGN


cyberpunk 2077 diner standoff
CD Projekt Red Discusses Possible Cyberpunk 2077 Switch Port

Fans are curious if Cyberpunk 2077’s large and dense open world could ever fit on the Nintendo Switch, leading CD Projekt RED to speak up about it.

Read Next


About The Creator

https://gamerant.com/cd-projekt-red-molasses-flood-indie-studio-acquisition/ | CD Projekt Pink Acquires Indie Studio The Molasses Flood

screesnrantss

Inter Reviewed is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@interreviewed.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

9 − seven =

Back to top button