With Canada Day fast approaching, Londoners are gearing up for the return of some long-awaited events that will kick off the long weekend.
However, the Friday holiday brings some changes for selected business hours, like most public holidays.
Below is a list of open and closed hours in London on Friday 1st July.
What is open on Canada Day:
- Beer Store locations at 1199 Oxford St. West and 1080 Adelaide St. North are open from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Location at 414 Wharncliffe Rd. South operates via drive-thru only and location at 1600 Dundas St. East used for Skip the Dishes (opening hours remain the same)
- The Labatt Brewery retail store is open from 10am to 5pm
- Shoppers Drug Mark locations at 1224 Commissioners Rd. West (Byron), 1225 Wonderland Rd. North (Sherwood Forest Mall) and 510 Hamilton Rd.
- All Rexall locations are open with reduced opening hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m
- cineplex cinemas
- Choose convenience stores
- picture book gardens
- The London Childrens Museum is open with reduced hours from 10am to 5pm
- Pioneer village of Fanshawe
- East Park
- City Splash Pads, Ivey Park Splash Pad close at 6pm on July 1st
Earlier this week, the City of London also announced the return of Canada Day fireworks in Harris Park on Friday from 10pm
“It’s a longstanding tradition for Londoners to host these fireworks. We’ve been using them for about 15 years,” said Kristen Pawelec, the city’s director of community development and grants.
What causes long COVID? Canadian researchers think they’ve found a key clue
Travis Barker rushed to hospital, daughter asks fans to ‘send prayers’: report
The City of London hosts the return of Canada Day fireworks in Harris Park
For downtown parking and parking rates, visit the city’s website.
Public transit users are also advised to check the LTC website for service updates and diversions.
Under the city’s current fireworks ordinance, residents are only allowed to set off fireworks between dusk and 11pm on Victoria Day and Canada Day.
Which is closed on Canada Day
- All LCBO locations
- Public authorities, including municipal authorities
- Canada Post
- Shoppers Drug Mart locations not listed above
- All branches of grocery stores
- Covent Garden Market
- On July 1st, the garbage, green and recycling collection points are closed
- Locations of the London Public Library
- CF Masonville Place
- White Oak Mall
- Westmount Shopping Center
The London Transit Commission says buses will run on a bank holiday timetable on Friday July 1.
Did we miss something? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
Ottawa Police are preparing for possible Canada Day convoy protests
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
https://globalnews.ca/news/8956555/open-and-closed-london-ont-canada-day-2022/ Canada Day 2022: What’s open and closed in London, Ontario. -London