Blizzard has began making good on its promise to take away references in World of Warcraft to the names of a number of former staff concerned in current controversies, together with the continuing lawsuit towards Activision Blizzard in California.
After promising to change the name of McCree in Overwatch, references to a number of staff together with Jesse McCree, Jonathan LeCraft, Alex Afrasiabi, and Luis Barriga in WoW are being actively scrubbed. The method shouldn’t be but full, however a number of of the adjustments are live according to WoWHead. These adjustments embrace:
- Renaming Marshal McCree to Marshal Patterson and the search reward is now often called “Patterson’s Sparring Gloves”
- “Slippery Romantic Books” will now be listed as written by Noah Scribeson as a substitute of Lawrence LeCraft.
- Senior Scrivener Barriga had his identify modified to Senior Scrivener Kinnedius.
- Jessup’s Report has been renamed Kharmarn’s Report, after the newly renamed NPC.
- Torturer LeCraft has a brand new identify – Torturer Alphonse.
- Quest rewards beforehand given by Jessera of Mac’Aree are actually given by Maatparm.
- The spell “Summon Crusader LeCraft” is now often called “Summon Campaign Jonathan”.
The workers’ dismissal and these adjustments are a begin, however there are nonetheless references within the recreation, equivalent to town of Mac’Aree and NPC Crafticus Mindbender, however the adjustments already made do appear prone to imply that extra are coming.
Blizzard does appear to be actively engaged on the identify adjustments as a part of an total effort to regain belief in mild of the lawsuit, although some would possibly query whether or not these are significant or simply floor adjustments whereas the corporate continues to fight the lawsuit’s merits. After all, WoW remains to be an enormous MMORPG and it stays to be seen simply how the lawsuit impacts issues going ahead, though improvement has reportedly slowed in mild of the depth of allegations. WoW Traditional, within the meantime, is gearing up for the Overlords of Outland update on September fifteenth.
https://www.mmo.com/news/blizzard-begins-removing-fired-employees-names-from-wow-2000122950 | Blizzard Begins Eradicating Fired Workers’ Names from WoW