BF 2042 Update 1 will be available in a few hours on all platforms, providing minor bug fixes for all game modes.
In an effort to smooth things out for worldwide launch Battlefield 2042, the developers rolled out an update today that applies several bug fixes. The first update will remove some Danger Zone issues such as the Expert selection menu on PC and the faulty detection system.
- CHECK THIS POST: 5 best experts in Battlefield 2042 for beginners and pros
Furthermore, Update 1 will implement some server fixes to reduce Rubber Band crashes as much as possible. Rubber Banding occurs when a player’s position on the map changes instantaneously between two points due to packet loss.
As revealed by DICE, Battlefield 2042 will get two more updates in the first 30 days of launch. The first update will bring more fixes to the game and the second, the biggest one, will make some balance changes as well as more bug fixes.
Below you can see the patch notes for BF 2042 Update 1.
BF 2042 Update 1 Patch
- The Server-Side upgrades implemented are aimed at reducing instances of the rubber banding, which is common in the later part of the ring in Full War mode.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering while playing on Breakaway. If the Silo is destroyed, it will no longer degrade performance on the server.
- Note that we are continuing to investigate similar cases that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now display correctly.
- Adjusted the animation for Falck in the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is rendered correctly.
- Updated a skin that can be earned for Boris through Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Make sure that TDM Rounds in the Battle Gate always start with Random Deployment set to active. We observed that this sometimes didn’t work when going from round to round, but this has now been fixed.
- A series of measures have been taken to ensure the correct amount of AI appears in the custom Battle Gate modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Activates Expert Selection in the Danger Zone via mouse interaction, eliminating the need to lock your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare issue in Danger Zones that would sometimes cause Round End Lines not to trigger correctly, ensuring the correct amount of bonus XP.
- Fixed an issue found in Danger Zones that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were unseen or detected.
- Provided a fix for Danger Zone players not seeing their Streaks update correctly.
When is maintenance?
Maintenance for the first update will begin today, November 18, at 12am PT / 3am ET / 8am UTC / 9am BST / 10am CEST / 5pm JST. The server will be down for about 1 hour during the maintenance period. This update will be available on all platforms.
Battlefield 2042 will launch on November 19 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC. Those who have activated an EA Play subscription or have pre-purchased the game’s Gold or Ultimate Edition can now play it.
Have something to tell us about this article?
https://www.dualshockers.com/bf-2042-update-1-0-2-1-patch-notes-and-maintenance/ BF 2042 Update 1 (0.2.1) Patch and Maintenance Notes