Bellator 262 loses Linton Vassell vs. Marcelo Golm, gains one prelim
A heavyweight combat has been faraway from the Bellator 262 most important card.
The scheduled bout between Marcelo Golm and Linton Vassell has been canceled for undisclosed causes, a Bellator official advised MMA Junkie on Monday. A call has not been made on which combat, if any, will fill the outlet left on the Bellator 262 most important card.
The combat card will stay at 11 fights whole. A light-weight matchup between Northeast up-and-comers Charlie Campbell (3-1 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) and Nick Giulietti (2-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has been added to the prelims.
Bellator 262 takes place Friday at Mohegan Solar Area in Uncasville, Conn. The principle card airs on Showtime after prelims on MMA Junkie.
A former UFC fighter, Golm (8-3 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) was anticipated to make his promotional debut after three straight victories on the regional scene. In the meantime, Vassell (20-8 MMA, 9-5 BMMA), a staple of Bellator’s most important playing cards for the previous few years, would’ve been seeking to lengthen his profitable streak to a few after victories over Ronny Markes and Sergei Kharitonov.
With the adjustments, the Bellator 262 lineup now consists of:
MAIN CARD (9 p.m. EST, Showtime)
- Champ Juliana Velasquez vs. Denise Kielholtz
- Tyrell Fortune vs. Matt Mitrione
- Arlene Blencowe vs. Dayana Silva
- Johnny Eblen vs. Travis Davis
PRELIMS (6 p.m. EST, MMA Junkie)
- Cee Jay Hamilton vs. Matheus Mattos
- Ronny Markes vs. Stated Sowma
- Theodore Macuka vs. Cody Legislation
- Roman Faraldo vs. John Ramirez
- Diana Avsaragova vs. Gabriella Gulfin
- Adil Benjilany vs. Johnny Soto
- Charlie Campbell vs. Nick Giulietti
Bellator 262 loses Marcelo Golm vs. Linton Vassell, gains a preliminary card fight