TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 23 Florida volleyball staff topped the Alabama Crimson Tide in straight units on Wednesday evening in Foster Auditorium. UF has now gained 59 consecutive units in opposition to Alabama.
The Gators enhance to 13-6 on the 12 months and 7-2 in SEC play, whereas Alabama drops to 9-10 within the 2021 marketing campaign and 1-6 in convention matches.
UF took the primary set 25-17 and adopted with a 25-19 victory within the second body. Florida clinched the match with a 25-22 win within the third and closing set.
The Gators had an extremely balanced offensive assault in opposition to the Crimson Tide, with six gamers registering not less than one kill. Florida was led by Thayer Hall on the offensive entrance, who posted 11 kills on the night. Merritt Beason pitched in an eight-kill efficiency of her personal, whereas T’ara Ceasar added six within the three-setter.
Monserez captained the offense, doling out 29 assists and main the staff to a .295 hitting proportion.
As a staff, the Gators held Alabama to a .106 clip and notched 10.0 blocks. Kelley was a dominant pressure on the web in her first begin, grabbing a career-high and a team-high six blocks on the night. Beason added 4, whereas Ceasar and Forte every recorded three blocks apiece.
Florida’s backcourt protection was led by Elli McKissock, who registered 13 digs within the match. Ceasar adopted with 10 of her personal, whereas Corridor was only one dig away from a double-double, recording 9 on the evening.
The Gators are off till Oct. 30, when the staff travels to Columbia, Mo. to tackle the Missouri Tigers. First serve is slated for six p.m. ET on SEC Community +.
No. 23 Florida (13-6, 7-2 SEC)
Alabama (9-10, 1-6 SEC)
The way it Occurred
- The Gators jumped out to the early 5-0 lead within the first set with Corridor behind the service line, forcing an Alabama timeout. Out of break, the Crimson Tide battled again to tie it up at 8-8, however Florida exploded for an 11-2 run to take again the momentum on the 19-10 mark. Alabama pulled inside six at 23-17, nevertheless it was the closest the squad would get as Florida closed out the set on a 2-0 run to take the primary.
- The Gators hit .303 within the opening body, whereas holding Alabama to a .036 clip. Ceasar posted 5 kills, adopted by 4 from Beason and three from Kelley. Beason and Kelley additionally every recorded three blocks within the body to prepared the ground for Florida on the web.
- Alabama took the 7-3 benefit to start out the second set, forcing the Gators to make the most of their first timeout. After the timeout, the Crimson Tide continued to carry a four-point benefit, till Florida strung collectively a 6-0 run behind the serves of Adams to take the 12-10 lead. The Gators continued to roll, going up 4 on the 15-11 mark to pressure an Alabama timeout. The Tide lower the deficit to a few at 19-16, however Florida as soon as once more created distance, closing the set on a 6-3 run to go up 2-0 within the match.
- Florida hit .321 within the second body, whereas as soon as once more maintaining the Crimson Tide to beneath a .100 clip (.047). Corridor posted a team-high six kills within the set, whereas Beason added two kills of her personal.
- With the third set knotted at 4-all, the Gators went on a 5-0 run behind the serves of Ceasar to take the 9-4 benefit. The Gators had been capable of maintain not less than a three-point benefit till the Tide lower the deficit to simply two on the 18-16 mark, forcing a Florida timeout. Out of the break, Alabama tied the set at 19-all, however the Gators strung collectively a 3-0 run to take the 22-19 lead. The Crimson Tide didn’t again down, pulling to inside one at 23-22, however a service error and a Ceasar/Forte block secured the match victory for Florida.
- Corridor posted a team-high three kills within the closing body, adopted by two apiece from Beason and Monserez.
- Bre Kelley earned her first profession begin for Florida
- In her first begin, Kelley recorded a career-high 5 kills and 6 blocks
- The Gators enhance to 50-0 within the all-time sequence in opposition to the Crimson Tide, together with a 48-0 document underneath
- UF has now gained 59 consecutive units in opposition to Alabama
- Florida is now 46-0 in three-set matches in opposition to Alabama
- The Gators at the moment are 22-0 in opposition to the Crimson Tide in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- UF improves to 10-1 in three-set matches in the course of the 2021 marketing campaign
- The Gators enhance to 5-1 within the month of October
- Along with her 29 assists right this moment, Marlie Monserez inched nearer to grabbing the No. 6 spot in program historical past for profession assists (Lauren Moscovic – 3,306). She at present sits at 3,247
Ideas from Coach Smart
- “We noticed some actually nice performances tonight, particularly out of our youthful gamers. It was an ideal studying expertise on the highway, enjoying a staff coming off a week-long break.”
- The Gators are off till Oct. 30, when the staff travels to Columbia, Mo. to tackle the Missouri Tigers
- First serve is slated for six p.m. ET on SEC Community +
https://floridagators.com/information/2021/10/20/volleyball-balanced-offensive-attack-leads-florida-past-alabama.aspx | Balanced Offensive Assault Leads Florida Previous Alabama