Apple today announced Self Service Repair, a new program that allows customers to order genuine Apple parts and tools to complete repairs themselves. The program will apply first to the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 series. Self-service repair will be available early next year in the United States and expand to other countries throughout 2022. This new repair program coming to future Apple M1-based Macs.
At launch, the most commonly serviced modules, such as iPhone screen, battery, and camera will be available through this program. Additional repair capabilities will be available late next year.
About this program:
- To ensure that customers can safely perform repairs, it is important that they review the Repair Manual first.
- Customers will then order genuine Apple parts and tools using the Apple Self Service Repair Online Store.
- Once repaired, customers who return their used part for recycling will receive a credit for their purchase.
- The new store will offer more than 200 individual parts and tools, allowing customers to complete the most common repairs on iPhone 12 and iPhone 13.
- Self-service repair is for individual technicians with the knowledge and experience to repair electronic devices.
The source: Apple
https://mspoweruser.com/apple-self-service-repair-program-parts-tools/ | Apple Announces Self Service Program That Lets Customers Buy Genuine Apple Parts and Tools