Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who also serves as the chief medical adviser to President Biden, was attacked Sunday following personal attacks. that he launched against Republican senators.
Fauci’s comments came during an interview on CBS News’ “Face The Nation,” hosted by Margaret Brennan, in which he stated, “I’ve stayed away from politics all my life.”
Fauci, who made the remark in an interview on CBS News’ “Face The Nation” with host Margaret Brennan, asserted in the same interview, “I’ve stayed away from politics my whole life. me.”
Lawmakers like Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have called for Dr. Fauci to resign and be prosecuted over the course of COVID-19. Fauci scoffed at such threats, calling them “noise”.
“They really criticize science because I represent science. Very dangerous.” pic.twitter.com/zLzceD2DHe
– Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) November 28, 2021
“Whoever turns out lies and threatens and all that theater going on with some investigations and congressional committees and Rand Pauls and all that other nonsense, that’s noise, Margaret , it’s noise,” said Fauci, referring to the Kentucky Republican, who has repeatedly called on Fauci to deny that his agency funded functional research at a lab in Wuhan, China, is believed to be the origin of COVID-19.
At one point, he was asked about comments from Senator Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who said Fauci should be prosecuted. Fauci laughed, replying, “Yes. I have to laugh at that. Should I be prosecuted? What happened on January 6th, Senator? ”
He went on to claim that Republicans are accusing him of simply “lying” and are trying to protect former President Donald Trump.
“And if you’re attacking me, you’re really attacking science,” Fauci claimed. “I mean, everyone knows that.”
Here are some of the most notable responses to Fauci, Daily rope:
- Jeryl Bier, journalist: “This is not helpful at all. This is pretty much something a cult leader would say. This convinces no one is not in his corner. ”
- Richard Grenell, former Acting Director of National Intelligence: “Fauci is all about politics.”
- Alicia Smith, political commentator: “Look, you don’t have to be a Fauci conspiracy theorist to realize that Fauci’s utility as a trusted public health official has expired. long time ago and he tends to be negative when it comes to clarity and credibility. ”
- Steve guest, Special Counsel for Communications to Senator Cruz: “Dr. Fauci’s impassioned response underscores how he considers himself the first Democratic Party political agent and the last ‘scientist’. Fauci lives to weaponize the white coat in his lab to match his partisan goals and win plaudits from the DC swamp. ”
- Larry Sanger, ex-Wikipedia: “Fauci is an official, not a scientist.”
- Matt Whitlock, political strategist: “Now I want to know what Dr. Fauci thinks happened on January 6 that Senator Cruz should be prosecuted. Really don’t understand the strategy of continuing to have him on Sunday shows almost every week – the audience he can influence only continues to shrink. ”
- Noam Blum, Tablet Magazine: “A man in his position would have to say something terribly bad. No humility about anything he went wrong, had to hesitate, or later retracted or deduced. Instead, all Fauci XIV and say ‘la science c’est moi.’ Sorry. ”
- Dan McLaughlin, National Review: “Is Dr Fauci under the impression that no one was indicted on January 6? Or is he saying Ted Cruz should be prosecuted for speaking & arguing on the Senate floor? ”
https://smartzune.com/anthony-fauci-ripped-over-comments-directed-at-gop-senator-ted-cruz-other-republicans-remarks-labeled-as-something-a-cult-leader-would-say/ Anthony Fauci rips comments directing Republican Senator Ted Cruz, other Republicans: Comments labeled as ‘Something a cult leader would say’