Again in 2019, a clearly lower than 100% Akiem Hicks got here off IR to make the trek to Lambeau Subject to play the Packers. Hicks gutted out an elbow harm that was nonetheless bothering him to play 61 p.c of the protection’s snaps in his return. Positive, the Bears finally misplaced that recreation by 21-13 rating. And it put an finish to goals of constructing consecutive postseasons. However that Hicks pushed by means of to play sticks with me to at the present time.
All that to say it isn’t a shock to see Hicks listed as questionable to play on Sunday towards the Packers. As a result of though Hicks didn’t play final week and sat out 4 of the final six apply, a questionable designation is an improve from not practising. In different phrases, you higher consider Hicks will do all the things in his energy to play on Sunday. As a result of that’s who he has proven himself to be since becoming a member of this group. A high-value glue man who makes issues go. And ultimately, if Hicks can’t go, then you already know his harm is severe sufficient to maintain him out.
As for the remainder of the ultimate harm report of Bears-Packers week:
— Chicago Bears (@BearsPR) October 15, 2021
• Justin Fields doesn’t actually have a recreation designation subsequent to his title, which suggests he’ll be a full go for his first ever Bears-Packers expertise. Giddy up!
• Christian Jones (again), Darnell Mooney (groin), and Danny Trevathan (knee) be a part of Fields as being full members in Friday’s apply with no recreation day designation. This assortment of gamers are a inexperienced mild to play towards Inexperienced Bay on Sunday. This can be a nice growth.
• There are 9 (!) different gamers becoming a member of Hicks as questionable to play in Sunday’s Week 6 showdown. At first blush, that’s an eye-popping quantity. And in case you merely take a look at the picture from the Bears, the sheer variety of questionable would possibly provide you with pause. However let’s type by means of the mess. Firstly, six gamers who’re “questionable” have been full members in Friday’s apply. In different phrases, Eddie Jackson (knee), Artie Burns (foot), Ryan Nall (ankle), Joel Iyiegbuniwe (hamstring), Duke Shelley (ankle), and Xavier Crawford (again) are good to go from a well being standpoint.
• It’s good to see Allen Robinson II be a part of Hicks as practising on Friday, even when it got here with limitations.
• Caleb Johnson (knee) and J.P. Holtz (quad) being dominated out already factors to the seriousness of their accidents. Seeing that the Bears had 5 tight ends for tryouts earlier within the week would possibly counsel the Holtz deal is perhaps one thing price monitoring. For what it’s price, they didn’t signal any of these gamers. Possibly we’ll see extra Alex Bars play the function of blocking tight finish.
• Khalil Mack didn’t apply for a 3rd consecutive day. Simply as issues have been final week, Mack is “questionable” to play on Sunday. Hopefully, three days off is nothing greater than upkeep for the sack machine. Chicago wants all palms on deck within the pass-rusher division this week.
https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2021/10/15/akiem-hicks-allen-robinson-ii-and-khalil-mack-are-among-the-10-bears-questionable-to-play-vs-packers-on-sunday/ | Akiem Hicks, Allen Robinson II, and Khalil Mack Are Among the many 10 Bears Questionable to Play vs. Packers on Sunday