I’ve assembled a handful of Blackhawks ideas later on this set of Bullets. However on the high, I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out how being again in full stadiums with followers places issues in perspective. Not simply as a author, however as an individual.
As somebody who values the human factor of the shared sports activities expertise, being in good firm on the outdated ball sport (or puck sport, as was the case final evening) is a useful a part of life we shouldn’t take without any consideration.
• Not that I’d’ve anticipated something totally different, however the Chicago Bears’ potential transfer to Arlington Heights received’t be with out loopholes or hurdles:
— Michele Steele (@MicheleSteele) October 19, 2021
• Give this piece in the Daily Herald your full attention, because it takes the primary steps in outlining a few of the residuals which might be a part of this potential transfer. Certain, the main focus can be on Bears-Arlington Heights. However neighboring cities, cities, suburbs, townships, residents, and others will really feel the impression of a Bears transfer, too. So … let’s not lose sight of that as we enter this course of.
• On the one hand, nobody likes making excuses. However alternatively, appears to be like at Bears offensive scheme, play-calling, and execution from the primary six weeks:
There are not any excuses for Allen Robinson to be 54th in routes, thirty ninth in targets, forty seventh in catches and 58th in yards at large receiver this season.
— Mike Clay (@MikeClayNFL) October 20, 2021
• Allen Robinson II is taking part in at a 59-catch, 663-yard, 3-touchdown tempo by six video games. I suppose issues are trending in a greater route recently, however you must actually push your self to consider that Robinson’s targets going from 3, to five, and at last touchdown at 7 the final three weeks is an indication of fine issues to come back. Even then, we’re a 17-game season with projected stats of 63 catches and 838 receiving yards. However Robinson’s one TD in six video games this yr stands out within the worst of how.
• Darnell Mooney, the group’s main receiver, is on tempo for a 71-catch, 867-yard, 3 landing season. The catch and yardage numbers can be higher than final yr’s displaying for Mooney. However that’s merely not sufficient. It’s so evident how little Bears are getting from a passing offense that needs to be higher. Don’t get me incorrect. I perceive the reasoning behind dialing it down with a rookie QB below middle and questions alongside the offensive line. However at what level does that turn out to be detrimental to group success? And when does it begin to eat in to quarterback growth? I really feel as if these are honest questions value asking.
• One other indictment of Matt Nagy’s damaged offense:
By Week 6…
Explosive performs within the cross sport (receptions of 20+ yards).
1. LV — 32
2. TB — 31
3. BAL/LAR — 26
5. AZ/DAL/MIN — 25
— Matt Bowen (@MattBowen41) October 20, 2021
• You’ll be able to’t win in case your group doesn’t rating. And it’s a wrestle to attain when your offense isn’t creating splash performs by way of the vertical passing sport. That Justin Fields threw right into a defensive cross interference name was a spotlight of the Bears’ offensive efficiency final week places into perspective the unhappy state of issues. However not less than Fields has a willingness to throw deep, which may get the Bears out of the flaming wreckage that’s the bottom-feeders of this group.
• It’s wild to share this tweet after the final one, however right here goes nothing:
By letting Mac Jones and Justin Fields succeed, fail and be taught on Sundays, the Patriots and Bears are accelerating the event of their younger QBs.
— 49ers on NBCS (@NBCS49ers) October 18, 2021
• One other group envious of what the Bears are doing? At quarterback? I can’t consider it both.
• In case you’re curious, solely 11 days till a potential Justin Fields-Trey Lance matchup at Soldier Discipline.
• However earlier than we get there:
— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) October 20, 2021
• For what it’s value, the offense isn’t a complete nightmare. At the least, not when Khalil Herbert will get his fingers on the rock:
• Bear in mind — your vote counts:
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) October 20, 2021
• I suppose we’re doing this once more:
I used to be going to say it on Sunday, however I too noticed Nagy holding the playsheet once more.
At this level he may name an ideal sport and it wouldnt matter as a result of the offense is not on his facet. https://t.co/QzF2PsuwC0
— Max Markham (@MaxMarkhamNFL) October 19, 2021
• I’m at a degree the place I don’t know what to inform people who find themselves seeing issues that aren’t there as a result of they wish to see them. Nagy isn’t calling performs any extra. We’ve heard it from the coach and quarterback. This isn’t to say Nagy received’t chime in with enter, as we’ve heard Nagy, Lazor, and different focus on the Bears’ collaborative efforts. However that he’s holding a placard doesn’t imply something. He’s the top coach of Chicago’s soccer group. If he wasn’t holding a play card, it might be extra regarding as a result of it might simply be taken as an indication that the coach has checked out. And I feel the one factor worse than a coach who isn’t good at calling performs doing so is one who checks out six video games into his rookie quarterback’s maiden voyage.
• Teeth care, skin care, hair care, and more are your Epic Day by day Offers at Amazon. #advert
• The Bulls are again TONIGHT:
— Bleacher Nation Bulls (@BN_Bulls) October 20, 2021
• Throughout final evening’s Blackhawks-Islanders sport on the United Heart, a good friend and I had a dialog across the thought of rating Chicago’s coaches by recognition. And regardless that Matt Nagy is attempting to make a run to the underside, Jeremy Colliton is working away with it:
— Bleacher Nation Blackhawks (@BN_Blackhawks) October 20, 2021
• Sidebar: The final two hockey video games of consequence I’ve been in attendance for have each featured Marc-André Fleury in internet. And that’s the place the similarities finish. In watching final June’s Golden Knights-Avalanche sport throughout a nine-hour Vegas layover, I noticed one thing from that sport I hadn’t seen from the Hawks in years. Pace. Pure velocity. The uncooked skill to juice your method into open ice, create house, and make one thing occur. Chicago’s hockey group doesn’t appear to be it has the crucial velocity to do the issues it thinks it could actually do on ice. And never having that ingredient could be pricey.
https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2021/10/20/a-move-to-arlington-heights-will-be-complicated-air-game-grounded-wheres-robinson-and-other-bears-bullets/ | A Transfer to Arlington Heights Will Be Sophisticated, Air Recreation Grounded, The place’s Robinson? And Different Bears Bullets