You sowed the seeds, provided the right environment, gave your plants the best cannabis nutrients, and reaped a bumper harvest. What will you do with those juicy buds, ready for consumption? Check out the best edible recipes for weed, of course!
Sure, smoking and vaping give you your dose of cannabis, but they aren’t quite as mouth-watering as a marijuana treat. Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry.
We share the best homemade edibles, whether you’re a new weed chef or fancy yourself as the next Martha Stewart.
Before You Start, Decarboxylate
Before we jump into our list of easy cannabis recipes, you need to know how to decarboxylate your weed. Despite the complex-sounding name, the procedure is simple, like learning how to germinate cannabis seeds.
Whether you want to whip up some cannabutter or bake a batch of brownies, this process is essential. Decarbing involves heating your buds at 215–225 degrees Fahrenheit for 45–60 minutes.
What happens if you don’t decarb your marijuana?
The edible will have no effect. Combustion is what produces all those sensations you enjoy when consuming weed. Without decarboxylation, you might as well make the recipe the same way as always.
Now, pop on your apron and chef’s hat; it’s time to cook some delicious marijuana edibles recipes.
Let’s start with a simple essential you can spread on bread, make into cakes, or fry your chicken in. This weed-based ingredient is adaptable and keeps for a long time. How do you make it?
- Melt some butter in a saucepan with a bit of water to stop it from burning.
- Throw in your decarbed cannabis and leave on low heat for 2–3 hours.
- Take the mixture off the stove and let it cool. Strain the butter through a funnel or cheesecloth into a suitable container.
- Pop the liquid in the refrigerator to set it into cannabutter.
You now have a potent base for any weed recipe, sweet or savory.
Here’s another storecupboard essential on our easy edible recipes list. Armed with weed oil, you can turn just about anything into a cannabis treat. To make this recipe, follow these steps:
- Pick your favorite oil (coconut, almond, vegetable, etc.) and combine two cups of it with an ounce of ground, decarboxylated bud.
- Heat for 6 hours over low heat without letting it boil.
- Add small amounts of water when necessary to stop it from burning.
- Strain the oil into a jar or glass bottle.
Pour it over a pasta salad or fry your dinner in it for a meal with a kick.
This recipe is a stoner classic and perfect for a 420 evening indoors with your friends and a movie. Brownies are simple to make and only require your favorite ready-made mix plus a few essential ingredients:
Mix the packet of brownie powder with the three ingredients and spread it evenly on a shallow baking tray. Cook at 330 degrees Fahrenheit for around 30 minutes and let it cool. Slice into 16 squares and indulge.
Looking for a way to spice up your weekend breakfasts? This edible weed recipe is as easy as they come and delicious. Follow these steps for the ultimate salty treat:
- Sprinkle ground decarbed weed on one side of the bacon.
- Bake for ten minutes at 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Turn the bacon over and cover the other side with more bud. Cook for ten more minutes.
In addition to a tasty breakfast item, you now have leftover marijuana-infused bacon grease to use however you like.
Mary Jane’s Ice Cream
If you’re a fan of this cold and creamy treat, this one’s for you. MJ’s ice cream is one of the best edibles to make with butter. Create the base with the instructions below, and then jazz it up with any additions you fancy.
- Over medium heat, melt 16 oz. of heavy cream in a pan.
- Add cannabutter and sugar and let them dissolve.
- Mix everything and add your favorite extras, like choc chips, nuts, or dried fruit.
- Leave to freeze overnight, and it’ll be ready to enjoy the following afternoon.
If you want to make a big tub to keep for a few days, add more cream, butter, and sugar. Top with your favorite sauces and sprinkles for the ultimate marijuana dessert.
Most people love pizza, especially when they’re baked. This Italian classic is one of the easiest and most popular recipes for THC edibles.
What makes it so great? This dish is adaptable to any dietary preference or allergy. Use vegan cheese, gluten-free flour, or other ingredient replacements.
You can make your own dough from scratch and use canna oil instead of olive oil to let it infuse. Alternatively, add some decarbed weed along with your toppings.
How do I make edibles with a restaurant or store-bought pizza? It’s easy. Pour 2–4 tablespoons of canna oil evenly over the top of your meal and enjoy the effects.
If you prefer to drink your cannabis instead of eating it, milk is an excellent alternative. Here’s how to prepare this basic “drinkable”:
- Heat some milk over low–medium heat.
- Add some decarbed cannabis and keep it over the heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into a glass or container and refrigerate.
Enjoy your marijuana milk on its own, in a hot chocolate, or over your cereal. It’s simple to whip up and adaptable.
Cannabis Never Tasted So Good
Now you know how to prepare some of the best edible recipes for weed, invite your 420 circle over. We’re sure you’ll impress your friends with these new cannabis cooking skills.
Why not go the extra mile and grow your own herb? If you haven’t already, pick up a bag of weed seeds and enjoy your homegrown stash in just a few months.