Welcome to the Tuesday version of the Decide Six E-newsletter!
I used to be going to start out right here by rehashing Marshawn Lynch’s entire appearance on final night time’s Manning Forged, however he used so many curse phrases that I am fairly certain I might get fired if I attempted to do it. That being stated, the Manning Forged was positively probably the most thrilling a part of the Saints‘ 13-10 win over the Seahawks final night time.
The sport was truly entertaining, however the Manning Forged was simply higher. The primary half alone featured Marshawn AND Tom Brady. Additionally, Peyton Manning needed to watch a sport that featured the one two groups he ever misplaced to in a Super Bowl, which made issues much more fascinating. If you have not watched the Manning Forged but, I extremely advocate you test it out sooner or later within the close to future. When you have no thought what the Manning Forged is, it is an alternate feed of the Monday sport that airs on ESPN2 and options Peyton and Eli watching the sport collectively. Since they do not need to discuss to one another for 3 straight hours, they all the time convey on 4 company per week with one approaching every quarter.
Anyway, we do not do company right here, however we do cowl six matters each day, so let’s get to them.
As all the time, here is your weekly reminder to inform all your pals to enroll in the Decide Six e-newsletter. To get your pals to enroll, all it’s a must to do is click here and then share this link with them.
1. Right this moment’s present: Recapping the Saints’ wild win over the Seahawks
Calling this sport “wild” may be a slight exaggeration, however it was positively a riveting sport to observe and that is largely as a result of it went all the way down to the wire. The one factor extra riveting than the Saints’ 13-10 win was the podcast that Will Brinson, Ryan Wilson and I recorded after the sport.
Not solely did we discuss in regards to the sport, however we spent some severe time breaking down the Seahawks schedule to attempt to work out if they’ve any shot on the playoffs (Spoiler alert: Most likely not).
With that in thoughts, listed here are three key issues from the sport that we touched on through the podcast:
- Saints saved by Alvin Kamara and their protection. Alvin Kamara is well the perfect participant on the Saints offense proper now, but in some way, the Seahawks appeared to neglect that he existed on Monday. The Saints operating again went off in opposition to Seattle totaling 179 yards and a landing. Kamara’s yardage whole ended up representing 55% of the Saints whole yards within the sport. Though the Saints solely scored 13 factors, that ended up being sufficient because of a masterful efficiency from a protection that sacked Geno Smith 5 occasions whereas holding Seattle to simply 219 whole yards. It was the fewest yards the Seahawks have been held to in a house sport since 2017. The Saints additionally acquired a clutch efficiency from rookie kicker Brian Johnson, who hit the primary two discipline purpose makes an attempt of his profession in Seattle. Johnson would be the workforce’s kicker going ahead after Wil Lutz was misplaced for the season due to a core muscle injury.
- Seahawks offensive game-plan set soccer again 60 years. After scoring on an 84-yard cross lower than 5 minutes into the sport, it appeared just like the Seahawks have been going to check the Saints by the air all night time, however then they modified their minds. After that TD cross to from Geno Smith to DK Metcalf, the Seahawks determined they have been solely going to run the ball, which made no sense when you think about that the Saints went into Week 7 with the second-best run protection within the NFL. In information that most likely will not shock you, the plan did not work. As for Smith, he had extra passing yards on his TD to Metcalf (84) than he did in the remainder of the sport mixed (83).
- Seahawks had some particular groups bother. Regardless of all their troubles, the Seahawks truly may have gained this sport if kicker Jason Myers did not have a meltdown. The Seahawks kicker missed two discipline objectives within the second half (from 44 and 53) that each ended up being pricey. The 2 misses have been an enormous shock for a kicker who had an ideal 2020. Final 12 months, Myers went 24-for-24 on the season, making him simply the third kicker in NFL historical past to try 20 or extra kicks and make all of them. This 12 months, the magic appears to be gone as Myers is now simply 6 of 10 on the season.
We talked about these three issues plus all the pieces else you would probably need to learn about Monday’s sport, so be sure you test it out. To take heed to right now’s episode — and to subscribe to the perfect each day NFL podcast on the market — be sure to click here. It’s also possible to watch Monday’s episode on YouTube by clicking here.
2. Prisco’s Energy Rankings heading into Week 8
In case you’ve regarded on the NFL standings over the previous 24 hours, you will have observed that there are solely 5 groups within the league with one loss or much less and in one thing that is not a coincidence, these 5 groups are all within the prime 5 of Prisco’s Energy Rankings this week.
With that in thoughts, here is a take a look at Prisco’s prime 5 groups heading into Week 8:
I am not going to spoil the remainder of the facility rankings right here, however I’m going to provide you just a few nuggets. Here is what has modified since final week:
- Two groups tied for the most important bounce this week because the Patriots and Falcons each moved up six spots. Apparently, Prisco was tremendous impressed with the truth that the Patriots put up 54 POINTS on the Jets. Following the win, New England jumped from twenty fourth to 18th. The opposite large bounce went to the Falcons, who moved up from twenty fifth to nineteenth after beating the Dolphins 30-28 with a discipline purpose on the ultimate play. .
- The largest tumble on this week’s rankings went to the Kansas City Chiefs. For the primary time in Patrick Mahomes‘ profession, the Chiefs are NOT ranked in Prisco’s prime 15. After the Chiefs misplaced to the Titans 27-3, Prisco dropped Kansas Metropolis a complete of seven spots, from tenth all the way down to seventeenth.
- The weirdest drop of the week went to the Saints, who fell three spots — from ninth to twelfth — although they beat the Seahawks. I am guessing Prisco does not know who gained final night time as a result of there is a 61% likelihood that he went to mattress earlier than the sport was over.
- We even have some large information on the backside of the rankings: THE LIONS ARE NO LONGER IN LAST. Despite the fact that they’re the NFL’s solely winless workforce, Prisco has been impressed sufficient with them that he moved them out of the cellar. The brand new workforce on the backside of the rankings is the New York Jets and based mostly on how they performed on Sunday, I really feel like they will be there for some time.
If you wish to know the place your favourite workforce ended up in Prisco’s Week 8 Power Rankings, be sure to click here. If you wish to argue with Prisco over his rankings, you can do that on Twitter by clicking here. I argue with him on a regular basis about all the pieces.
3. Breech’s Week 8 picks
It is Tuesday, and that may solely imply one factor: It is time for my weekly picks.
Final week, I went 10-3 straight up and 8-5 in opposition to the unfold, however you guys do not care about final week, you need to learn about this week. One twist with this week’s video games is that almost all of them can be performed on Halloween, which is one thing that hasn’t occurred in additional than a decade. The final time Halloween fell on a Sunday got here all the best way again in 2010. To mark the event, I’m making some scary picks this week and by scary, I imply I am choosing each the Lions and Jaguars to win.
With that in thoughts, listed here are three of my picks for Week 8:
- Inexperienced Bay at Arizona (-6): The Packers are possible going to be lacking each Davante Adams and their defensive coordinator for this sport resulting from COVID-19 and let me simply say, once you’re going through the highest-scoring workforce within the NFL, the final two individuals you need to be lacking are your prime receiver and your defensive coordinator. PICK: Cardinals 37-30 over Packers.
- Philadelphia at Detroit (+3): It looks like each week, the Lions get near a win after which have their soul ripped out. We noticed them lose on a 66-yard discipline purpose after which lose one other sport on a 54-yard discipline purpose and so they misplaced to the Rams as a result of Jared Goff threw a late interception. Effectively, I believe that is lastly the week the place they do not get their soul ripped out, which I suppose is becoming because it’s Halloween week. I am taking the LIONS TO GET THEIR FIRST WIN WITH AN UPSET OVER PHILLY. PICK: Lions 27-24 over Eagles.
- Jaguars (+3) at Seattle: You do not often see the phrases “Jaguars” and “profitable streak” in the identical sentence, however we’d begin seeing these phrases collectively extra actually because I am beginning to really feel just like the Jags are going to win their second straight sport with an upset right here. I’ve acquired an ideal document choosing Jags sport this 12 months and I’ve to confess, I am beginning to really feel a bit of queasy figuring out I am placing it on the road by taking them within the upset right here. PICK: Jaguars 30-27 over Seahawks.
4. 10 NFL offers that must occur earlier than the commerce deadline
With the NFL commerce deadline precisely one week away, we thought right now can be day to take a look at 10 offers that must go down earlier than the Nov. 2 deadline.
Cody Benjamin pored over the wants of each workforce and got here up with 10 potential offers. Here is a take a look at three of these proposed trades:
- Ravens get: WR Allen Robinson
- Bears get: 2022 second-round choose, 2023 fifth-round choose
- Cody’s take: Whereas Lamar Jackson is faring simply advantageous together with his present crop of wideouts, the Ravens have been sniffing round for veteran cross catchers this offseason, and A-Rob can be a pleasant complement to the speedy Marquise Brown.
Packers commerce with Texans
- Packers get: WR Brandin Cooks
- Texans get: 2021 third-round choose
- Cody’s take: Cooks is in his eighth season and has already been traded thrice, and he’d welcome one other transfer to flee the rebuild in Houston… and what higher touchdown spot than Inexperienced Bay, the place he may star reverse Davante Adams.
Chiefs commerce with Lions
- Chiefs get: DE Trey Flowers
- Lions get: 2023 conditional fifth-round choose
- Cody’s take: Flowers has struggled to dwell as much as the huge payday he acquired coming over from the Patriots, and the Lions, at 0-6, can stand to sacrifice his veteran presence for one more choose for the rebuild. The Chiefs, in the meantime, need assistance getting after the QB.
If you wish to see the opposite seven trades that Cody is proposing, then be sure to click here.
5. Tom Brady lastly makes a take care of fan who ended up together with his 600th TD ball
After almost 24 hours of haggling, evidently Tom Brady and Buccaneers tremendous fan Byron Kennedy have lastly agreed to a deal for the soccer from Brady’s 600th profession landing cross. If you have not been following this example, Brady threw his 600th profession TD on Sunday, however he did not get to maintain the ball as a result of Mike Evans GAVE IT AWAY to a fan.
A Buccaneers workers member requested Kennedy to return the ball, which had an estimated value of $500,000. Kennedy positively didn’t get $500,000 value of stuff in alternate for the ball, however Brady and the Buccaneers did give him a fairly stable bundle of things.
Here is a take a look at what Kennedy got in exchange for returning the ball to Brady:
- Two signed jerseys plus a helmet from Brady. I do know the 600th TD ball is value extra, however there aren’t many individuals on the market who’ve two signed jerseys from Brady. If Kennedy desires some more money, he may promote one jersey and hold the opposite one. Additionally, if he does not have a Halloween costume lined up for this week, he can now go as Brady since he has a jersey and helmet.
- A signed Mike Evans jersey plus the cleats Evans wore within the sport. There’s presently a thriving trade for game-worn memorabilia so getting the cleats that Evans wore within the sport is type of good. If Kennedy does not need to hold them, he may simply promote them for hundreds.
- A $1,000 credit score to the Buccaneers workforce retailer. This man is a Buccaneers fan so I am guessing he’ll discover loads of methods to make use of this credit score. Plus, with Christmas proper across the nook, I am guessing everybody in his household can be getting Buccaneers gear this 12 months.
- Buccaneers season-tickets for the remainder of 2021 and 2022. Earlier than I can say whether or not I like this a part of the deal, I would like know the place the tickets are positioned within the stadium. Kennedy had a entrance row seat on Sunday and if that is the place these season tickets are, then it is a fairly stable deal. I hope the Buccaneers are additionally throwing in playoff and Tremendous Bowl tickets for any sport they play in.
- One bitcoin from Tom Brady. The Buccaneers QB announced on Twitter that he’ll even be giving one bitcoin to Kennedy. One bitcoin presently has a worth of roughly $62,000, so I am certain Kennedy will gladly settle for this.
Though Kennedy acquired lots out of the ball, it isn’t recognized if he acquired what he needed. The one factor he truly requested was to play a round of golf with Brady and as of proper now, it isn’t clear if Brady agreed to make that occur.
6. Fast-fire roundup
It has been a busy 24 hours within the NFL, and because it’s almost unattainable to maintain observe of all the pieces that occurred, I went forward and put collectively a roundup for you.
- Davante Adams on COVID record. The Packers possible aren’t going to have their star receiver for Thursday’s sport in opposition to the Cardinals after Adams was positioned on the COVID record. Adams does have an out of doors shot of enjoying, however he would wish to document two unfavorable assessments at the very least 24 hours aside. Packers defensive coordinator Joe Barry can be on the COVID record, which implies Inexperienced Bay could possibly be extraordinarily shorthanded this week.
- Joe Flacco traded to the Jets. If this was 4 years in the past, this most likely would have been the headline within the e-newsletter, however now, it is simply a part of the roundup. With Zach Wilson battling a knee damage, the Jets determined they wanted a veteran QB, so that they made a deal for Flacco. To accumulate Flacco, the Jets sent a conditional 2022 sixth-round pick to the Eagles that might enhance to a fifth-round choose based mostly on Flacco’s enjoying time.
- Broncos and Rams additionally make a commerce. For the second time in 48 hours, the Broncos pulled off a commerce for a linebacker. The Broncos are buying Kenny Young and a 2024 seventh-round choose from the Rams in alternate for a 2024 sixth-round choose that they’re going to be sending to L.A. The commerce come lower than 48 hours after the Broncos added linebacker Stephen Weatherly in a commerce with Minnesota.
- Saints beginning guard may be out for the season. Andrus Peat needed to go away Monday’s sport with an damage and it seems he may not be returning this 12 months. In accordance to NFL.com, the Saints three-time Professional Bowl guard suffered a torn pec and can possible miss the rest of the 12 months.
- Jeff Bezos not fascinated about shopping for the Broncos. If the Broncos are up on the market within the close to future, do not search for Bezos to purchase them. In accordance to NBC’s Peter King, the Amazon founder is not within the Broncos. Bezos would possibly ultimately buy an NFL workforce, but when he does, it positively will not be the one in Denver.
- Longtime NFL replay official passes away. Longtime NFL replay official Carl Madsen handed away on Sunday on the age of 71. Madsen died on Sunday night time, simply hours after working the Chiefs-Titans sport in Nashville. For extra particulars on the state of affairs, be sure to click here. Madsen labored as an on-field and off-field official for almost 25 years
2021 NFL Salute to Service Gear is right here
Honor our service members whereas supporting your favourite workforce. Get camo trucker hats, pullovers hoodies, jerseys, and extra. See the entire 2021 NFL Salute to Service collection here. We salute our service members and thanks in your dedication!
We might obtain a fee for purchases made by these hyperlinks.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/information/10-nfl-trades-that-need-to-happen-before-the-deadline-plus-week-8-picks-and-priscos-power-rankings/ | 10 NFL trades that must occur earlier than the deadline, plus Week 8 picks and Prisco’s Energy Rankings